Tony,

So what did you learn about the guy on the right? Does he have any Drum Corps background or shall I post a new feature?

Bill was not at Archie's show Saturday. (Lou did all of the DM'ing for the show) So I wasn't able to ask Bill.....

I've already posted most of what I know about him.

"For number 2 on the right....

He was born in 1950, this SNL Band's veteran trumpeter has also been a member of the Carnegie Hall Jazz Orchestra (alongside his SNL colleague Steve Turre), the Mingus Big Band (with Alex Foster), and the Thad Jones-Mel Lewis Big Band. He's also played with Count Basie, McCoy Tyner and Dizzy Gillespie. His record dates have included Paul Simon, Laurie Anderson, Charlie Haden, and a recent Duke Ellington tribute album...."

One of us should just name the man on the right and just move on to the next victim... err..... subject. tongue.gif

OK, off topic or not....

Drum Corps History it is! Something you are all interested in, no?

Ron's Drum Corps History Podcast

I believe he is going to feature a sr. then a Jr.

Don't tell him I said so.... but, this is SO cool!!

Years ago, I wanted to do verbal interviews, gather folks history and insights. That fell by the wayside cause I didn't have the technical apperatus nor ability. I'd like to record folks shooting the SHEET barside or in the parking lot after a show. Just speaking nonchalant about their drum Corps background, stories they were involved in, feelings about shows, etc., etc., etc. Not necessarily Big names just your average Joe / Jane that happened upon a Corps and how it affected them. That sort of stuff.

Back in the day... we didn't have Tv, computers, youtube...

Gather round the hearth and enjoy!

Edited by NanciD

OK, off topic or not....

Thanks for the plug!

Heh...

There are literally hundreds of corps I can cover, so this should be a long-term project!

And hopefully the production quality will get better as I get more comfortable with it all, but it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time...

[/OT]

Thanks for the plug!

Heh...

There are literally hundreds of corps I can cover, so this should be a long-term project!

And hopefully the production quality will get better as I get more comfortable with it all, but it's something I've been wanting to do for a long time...

[/OT]

Stop cyber stalking me! Sheesh!

Ya try to give a guy kudos and then he's all up in yer bidness!

Stop cyber stalking me! Sheesh!

Ya try to give a guy kudos and then he's all up in yer bidness!

Nanci, I just listened to the first three segments of good ol' whatisname's podcast about the Skyliners. It was wonderful!!

Some of the bits from the old recordings were outstanding, but even more important was the historical information - the names, the dates, the locations, the scores....

I strongly recommend that everyone listen to it!!

• Like 1

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Left to Right, One @ A Time, Please, Guess Who # 448?

On the Left: Bill Pusey

On the right: Earl Gardner

Nanci, I just listened to the first three segments of good ol' whatisname's podcast about the Skyliners. It was wonderful!!

Some of the bits from the old recordings were outstanding, but even more important was the historical information - the names, the dates, the locations, the scores....

I strongly recommend that everyone listen to it!!

aw, geeze.... he'll never make it through the door now! Nice going! ROFL

OK, off topic or not....

Years ago, I wanted to do verbal interviews, gather folks history and insights. That fell by the wayside cause I didn't have the technical apperatus nor ability. I'd like to record folks shooting the SHEET barside or in the parking lot after a show. Just speaking nonchalant about their drum Corps background, stories they were involved in, feelings about shows, etc., etc., etc. Not necessarily Big names just your average Joe / Jane that happened upon a Corps and how it affected them. That sort of stuff.

Back in the day... we didn't have Tv, computers, youtube...

Gather round the hearth and enjoy!

understand that technically you couldn't do the interviews back when... but there's no time like the present and you never know who won't be with us tomorrow... I'd volunteer as a victim, guinea pig whatever you wish to call it... lord knows I never tire of talking drum corps over the last 55 years...

All right! Are ya ready for a new featured photo? Can ya handle it? It's a BIGGIE!!

I wanna see some real creative clues on this one! Plenty of background to work with... so don't just highlight, bold type parts of their names here.

Let the fun begin!!

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Left to Right, Guess Who # 449?