Have I got good timing or what? lol

Ok, share some Jimmy stories / history till I get back...

In Skyliner fokelore, Jimmy's best contribution has to be when Pepe went down for the count at the 1970 Dream, after being felled by tympani leg (long story) ... as he was being tended to on the ground, you could hear Celemete immediately practicing Pepe's solo in Aquarius on the other side of the bus ... definitely one for the ages!

:-)

In Skyliner fokelore, Jimmy's best contribution has to be when Pepe went down for the count at the 1970 Dream, after being felled by tympani leg (long story) ... as he was being tended to on the ground, you could hear Celemete immediately practicing Pepe's solo in Aquarius on the other side of the bus ... definitely one for the ages!

:-)

so wrong but...oh so funny!!

OK, while we're waiting for some more 'Clemente' stories to pop up, here's some stuff on #6.

A Brooklyn lad, now living in the midwest, he came to Sky from St Rocco's playing a mean baritone.

Would #6's last name have something in common with a certain hockey team in New England?

My guess was going to be Paul Auster, but I'm not certain he's from Ednie-land. (Sidebar: Jimmy Ednie - sweetest tone this side of Tommy Martin).

Also, the clues are counter indicative: He played French Horn, I think, not baritone, and is much too nice a guy to have been working up Pepe's solo under those circumstances. Besides, he lives in Colorado (I think) which is not the Midwest, though some from Brooklyn might think so.

"Clemente"? As in "Roberto"? Was John Belushi in the Skyliners?

My guess was going to be Paul Auster, but I'm not certain he's from Ednie-land. (Sidebar: Jimmy Ednie - sweetest tone this side of Tommy Martin).

Paul Auster was with Sky in 62. Selden in 61, end of 63 and 64. Early Sky he played baritone I believe and once at the Torrington Vagabonds show he pointed out to me his picture on the cover of a Sky Fleetwood album with Sky in concert formation. With Selden, he played baritone, then contra in 64.

He went back to the Skyliners some time after Selden broke up and did a little traveling with Buddy Perry out to Colorado. I know he was with Sky in 75 and played french horn then. He moved to Colorado after that.

He and his brother Robbie moved to Seattle in 2008 and run a business at Sheepskin.com. He also judges from time to time.

To my knowledge, he never marched in St. Rocco's.

Edited by gsksun4

Also, the clues are counter indicative: He played French Horn, I think, not baritone, and is much too nice a guy to have been working up Pepe's solo under those circumstances. Besides, he lives in Colorado (I think) which is not the Midwest, though some from Brooklyn might think so.

"Clemente"? As in "Roberto"? Was John Belushi in the Skyliners?

Frank,

You're confusing hints for #6 with hints for #5. #5,Jimmy Clemente, played french horn. #6, however did play baritone back then and was from St Rocco's.

Frank,

You're confusing hints for #6 with hints for #5. #5,Jimmy Clemente, played french horn. #6, however did play baritone back then and was from St Rocco's.

But ... he got Belushi right!!!!

:w00t:

Sorry, I can't answer.... I don't know who #6 is either.

Nanci, you and Glenn are not reading the hints. I said I posted some stories about this guy back in January on both the Junior and Senior ALUMNI threads. Seek and ye shall find! Both of ye's. I don't think you have 'burned' yourselves out looking for him.

Ray