Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

With: Guess Who # 466 ?

Without : Guess Who # 466 ?

(click on image to enlarge / enhance)

Photo from 1969

1. Ron Findley

2. Rich Warga

3. Johnny Guarino

4. Robert 'Corbett' 'Pepe' Notaro.

5. ????

Seriously?? What the heck is wrong with you people? You've all been here...you aren't a bunch of rookies!

You know how we play here: if you know who it is give a clue, if you don't know who it is...ask a question that might help you figure out who it is. Then, Guess Who it is.

No fat lady has sung and I told you... "I'd let you know when we are done here." Have any of you heard me say such a thing? NO!

Now, come on, smarten up and fly right! lol

Let's get this party kickin' again, eh?

Seriously?? What the heck is wrong with you people? You've all been here...you aren't a bunch of rookies!

You know how we play here: if you know who it is give a clue, if you don't know who it is...ask a question that might help you figure out who it is. Then, Guess Who it is.

No fat lady has sung and I told you... "I'd let you know when we are done here." Have any of you heard me say such a thing? NO!

Now, come on, smarten up and fly right! lol

Let's get this party kickin' again, eh?

no offense, other than Pepe, I had no ####### clue.

(signed the guy not born when this was taken)

While I recall many a Skyliner from back in those days, the clues on #5 draw a blank. I could venture a guess from the clues, but I still wouldn't know him.

So ... guess away ... that's what I do!!!! ... I don't know a lot of the Upstate people featured ... but, I google and then guess ... it's GUESS WHO ... not KNOW WHO ...

:-)

So ... guess away ... that's what I do!!!! ... I don't know a lot of the Upstate people featured ... but, I google and then guess ... it's GUESS WHO ... not KNOW WHO ...

I did my usual digging, then went to the Alumni Association list. Even went to the In Memory listing. Good to see my brother isn't on that list yet.

OK, for what it's worth: Jim Clemens.

I'd be glad to hear how Tony knows #5

I have to do it... in memory of Duke...

#5 must be Jim Cossetti

(Miss ya, Duke!)

Actually, Duke and Jimmy Clemente (oh my, did I just spill the beans? ... c'mon, Glenn was close enough) marched side by side and played Black Jack every moment they could for $5 a hand ... they were hilarious ... and their combined sense of humor was toture for anyone standing by them ... add in other FH players like Henry Lynch, Pepe, Red Harrison, Billy Kirk, Mike Collins, Bella Rosa and some other characters and you had one sick section ... how Hy accomplished anything remains a mystery!

Edited by ajlisko

Actually, Duke and Jimmy Clemente (oh my, did I just spill the beans? ... c'mon, Glenn was close enough) marched side by side and played Black Jack every moment they could for $5 a hand ... they were hilarious ... and their combined sense of humor was toture for anyone standing by them ... add in other FH players like Henry Lynch, Pepe, Red Harrison, Billy Kirk, Mike Collins, Bella Rosa and some other characters and you had one sick section ... how Hy accomplished anything remains a mystery!

Have I got good timing or what? lol

Ok, share some Jimmy stories / history till I get back...

Edited by NanciD

Have I got good timing or what? lol

Ok, share some Jimmy stories / history till I get back...

OK, while we're waiting for some more 'Clemente' stories to pop up, here's some stuff on #6.

A Brooklyn lad, now living in the midwest, he came to Sky from St Rocco's playing a mean baritone.

I related some stories concerning him in some posts back in January. He has a great sense of humor, as evidenced by the stickers all over his face. But that was mild in comparison to some of his more famous stunts. For instance, he once went to a Halloween party dressed as Our Lady of Mt. Carmel, on a platform carried by 4 of his friends on their shoulders. He was dressed in flowing robes and had dollar bills pinned to the robes as is the custom in the annual Feast of Our Lady of Mt Carmel procession through his Brooklyn neighborhood. I don't know if he won a prize, but he did make a few bucks from his appearance. He could usually be found in the company of Frank "Spider" Salmieri, John Flecha, Phil Perry, Jerry Mammolito, Duke Cornwell and Jim Ednie.

Let the guessing begin on Number 6.