Ken and Jim, I don't recall, what were the field uniforms like for RR/M? Did everyone just wear their usual corps uni?

White satin blouse with green & red trimmings ... Reilly type hat ... as I recasll ...

:-)

I remember Red Shamrock ... nice guy ... marched next to Cossetti ... caught RRM several times in 68 ... anyone remember their repretoire?

These (*current*) "Red Shamrocks" are the guys that marched with Archie and Reilly as well as the merger Corps.... thumbup.gif

*edited* after reading Ken Newman's post....

Edited by TennTux

Red Shamrock and his sidekick Scruffy, Cowboy duo on a kids show Saturday mornings just before Sky King..... w00t.gif

When Musketeer Eyes are Crying

French Washerwoman

My Buddy's Butt (you know, "we are the Musketeers, we are a bunch of .......")

Drum solo of Red Ghost

Dipsy Doodle Raider

Exit was My Romance with a Musketeer

Sorry folks had to do it........

Love it!! :w00t:/>

Wonder if they were Reilly's white tops from 59.

Nope ... here they are in Bridgeport at the Barnum:

RRMusk.jpg

• Like 1

you are correct my paradiddled friend...we did march next to each other in '63, with Carmen Cirlincione between us and we were the last 3 man squad off the field at the exit

Guido

OFO/OFA

oh wise one of short stature, what years did Dom Fulginiti march?

oh wise one of short stature, what years did Dom Fulginiti march?

I'm not quite as short as Jim, but to the best of my memory Dom joined Archie

for the 1964 season with a group of guys from the Vasella Musketeers

I think Ken is correct....it was either '64 or '65 (that was the year we got the kids from Vasella)......if you look at the pic of Barnum....and you look to the left and behin the bass drum, you may see the top of me hat 'cause I was still short then and as you look at the uni, it was a full draped blouse zipered at the neck, with black epaulettes and black mandarin collar....the red, green and black vertical stripes were on the right side.....it looked like the Sons of Italy, but what a bunch of good men......proud to have been there

Guido

I'm not quite as short as Jim, but to the best of my memory Dom joined Archie

for the 1964 season with a group of guys from the Vasella Musketeers

I think Ken is correct....it was either '64 or '65 (that was the year we got the kids from Vasella)......if you look at the pic of Barnum....and you look to the left and behin the bass drum, you may see the top of me hat 'cause I was still short then and as you look at the uni, it was a full draped blouse zipered at the neck, with black epaulettes and black mandarin collar....the red, green and black vertical stripes were on the right side.....it looked like the Sons of Italy, but what a bunch of good men......proud to have been there

Guido

Could have been 66 as well ... Vasella folded after the 65 season ... they were a much smaller corps in 65 than 64 but, I think Viet Nam had a lot to do with that ... you probably got guys all three years ...