new page...

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

One @ a time, please... Left to Right: Guess Who # 485 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

One at a time, please...Left to Right:

1. Mark Plotts - Westshoremen

2. Jimmy Russo - Caballeros

3. Andy Gargano - Sunrisers

4. John Macri - Sunrisers

5. ?? ??

Where the heck is the Cap'n?

Getting hip therapy for his parades tomorrow ...

:w00t:

• Like 1

Am I right? Where are all you regulars?

I tend to be an irregular. I'm not really good at forums. I tend to get my foot stuck in my mouth a lot. I've gotten into some horrific battles on-line. Back at RAMD I was challenged to a virtual duel. Someone was going to "kick my ###" at a show.

I do so like this Guess Who forum. I just get into months at a time where I don't DCP. But I think you offer a great service to the vintage drum corps community, especially those of us whose memories aren't what they used to be.

So I hope you forgive my Guess Who inadequacies, which are many, and accept my thanks for letting me in once every few months.

• Like 1

new page...

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

One @ a time, please... Left to Right: Guess Who # 485 ?

(click on pic to enlarge)

One at a time, please...Left to Right:

1. Mark Plotts - Westshoremen

2. Jimmy Russo - Caballeros

3. Andy Gargano - Sunrisers

4. John Macri - Sunrisers

5. ?? ??

one of my favorite memories of #5 (and there are many) was being at a show where there was a cyclone fence between the field and the stands. As Reading was (it had to be Sylvia) getting to the apotheosis of their Finale #5 made his amazing catch, having thrown the mace 1000' in the air doing a somersault and catching it with his teeth or whatever he did that I couldn't even dream of doing. He then raced toward the podium and took it in one leap, but didn't stop there, the next step was about 6' to the top of the cyclone fence, then the next step was the rest of the way into the stands, where he turned and conducted, with fire almost palpably coming from his eyes. I was down on the field not far from the podium. I was dumbfounded. If one ever needed to be reminded of his or her own inadequacies as a drum major, you need only to have witnessed #5 at his peak, and his peak was every time he stepped on the field.

I admire many of the folks I've encountered in 50 years in the drum corps activity. I'm only in awe of a few. #5 is there in the top few.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 2

I tend to be an irregular. I'm not really good at forums. I tend to get my foot stuck in my mouth a lot. I've gotten into some horrific battles on-line. Back at RAMD I was challenged to a virtual duel. Someone was going to "kick my ###" at a show.

I do so like this Guess Who forum. I just get into months at a time where I don't DCP. But I think you offer a great service to the vintage drum corps community, especially those of us whose memories aren't what they used to be.

So I hope you forgive my Guess Who inadequacies, which are many, and accept my thanks for letting me in once every few months.

Ray, that's insane. Anyone wishing to do you harm is an idiot.

This thread is all about paying homage. Please stay tuned and participate. Your input is highly appreciated. Hugs!!!

one of my favorite memories of #5 (and there are many) was being at a show where there was a cyclone fence between the field and the stands. As Reading was (it had to be Sylvia) getting to the apotheosis of their Finale #5 made his amazing catch, having thrown the mace 1000' in the air doing a somersault and catching it with his teeth or whatever he did that I couldn't even dream of doing. He then raced toward the podium and took it in one leap, but didn't stop there, the next step was about 6' to the top of the cyclone fence, then the next step was the rest of the way into the stands, where he turned and conducted, with fire almost palpably coming from his eyes. I was down on the field not far from the podium. I was dumbfounded. If one ever needed to be reminded of his or her own inadequacies as a drum major, you need only to have witnessed #5 at his peak, and his peak was every time he stepped on the field.

I admire many of the folks I've encountered in 50 years in the drum corps activity. I'm only in awe of a few. #5 is there in the top few.

As unbelievable as it sounds.. this guy was phenominal!! Ray isn't lying.... he'd toss that mace into the stratosphere, do a somersault or two and catch it. Never missed a beat!!

See? Ray, it's recollections like yours above that make this thread so important. As an example: what if his great great grandchild did a search on him....

As unbelievable as it sounds.. this guy was phenominal!! Ray isn't lying.... he'd toss that mace into the stratosphere, do a somersault or two and catch it. Never missed a beat!!

See? Ray, it's recollections like yours above that make this thread so important. As an example: what if his great great grandchild did a search on him....

don't know why we're mincing around the name still... maybe we just don't want to stop talking about him...

The truly amazing thing about George was that despite being recognized as GREAT in so many ways... he was one of the humblist guys I ever met and he ALWAYS had time for some kind words and small talk - and once he met you... he NEVER forgot your name... It was a priviledge and honor to call him "friend"

• Like 2

Am I right? Where are all you regulars?

Yep, you are right... (was there any doubt? heh)

And Ray is a well of information on the history of a LOT of the folks (and activity) featured here! thumbup.gif

• Like 1

Getting hip therapy for his parades tomorrow ...

w00t.gif

Cool!! Than we'll be seeing him tomorrow!! thumbup.gif