Andy, think of Lightfoot's "The Wreck of the Edmund ----------"

This particular "victim" is certainly one of the good guys in this activity and a hell of a horn player and member.

Don- One of the 'instruments' featured in the Spike Jones Orchestra was just that, an inner tube with hose and attached to a funnel at the end. Definitely a different sound, but a sound nonetheless.

But I don't think this feature ever played one or even attempted to.

Ray

The "Tube" in question, regarding our current photo subject, originated in 1982. During an era when various people used various substances to...uhhh... change their perspective on life in general, so to speak. :whistle:

Now... to be clear here... our photo subject was NOT one of those people partaking in such substances... that was not, and is not, his style... but his use of The Tube certainly contributed to the mayhem usually associated with such substances, and the altered sense of reality those substances can produce. :ninja:

It's a Sunriser "insider war story"... tough to explain, and it does not help anyone searching for clues as to our photo subject's name.

To sum up: As far as "The Tube" goes... ya had to be there, folks. :tongue:

• Like 1

lol

we lake Ontario people not only remember but remember seeing the Edmund Fitzgerald (before it sank)

The "Tube" in question, regarding our current photo subject, originated in 1982. During an era when various people used various substances to...uhhh... change their perspective on life in general, so to speak. :whistle:

Now... to be clear here... our photo subject was NOT one of those people partaking in such substances... that was not, and is not, his style... but his use of The Tube certainly contributed to the mayhem usually associated with such substances, and the altered sense of reality those substances can produce. :ninja:

It's a Sunriser "insider war story"... tough to explain, and it does not help anyone searching for clues as to our photo subject's name.

To sum up: As far as "The Tube" goes... ya had to be there, folks. :tongue:

i did partake in such substances. and my mind was definitely altered.

• Like 2

lol

we lake Ontario people not only remember but remember seeing the Edmund Fitzgerald (before it sank)

i can see it from my house! that's for you tommy boy............

• Like 1

besides a contra he can play a tube like nobody else.

Preferably green.... :ninja:

• Like 1

i can see it from my house! that's for you tommy boy............

Heh, good one Don.

Lightfoot's Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald was played to death on the radio, similar to Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street, complete with that sultry sax riff by Raphael Ravenscroft. But the one that was beaten to death over the waves IMHO was Richard Harris' MacArthur Park. At 7 minutes and 21 seconds, it probably held the record in 1968 as the longest single ever on radio.

As we all know, it got plenty of field play by drum corps also.

Uh Oh! Someone left the cake out in the rain..................................

Edited by gsksun4

OK... perhaps a bit of a stretch for a name clue here...

But our NYC-area denizens might remember an amusement park in Bayonne, NJ, there for many years until it closed, circa 1970s... located near the Bayonne Bridge.

Therein lies the clue. LOL.

• Like 1

OK... perhaps a bit of a stretch for a name clue here...

But our NYC-area denizens might remember an amusement park in Bayonne, NJ, there for many years until it closed, circa 1970s... located near the Bayonne Bridge.

Therein lies the clue. LOL.

I heard some guys in the neighborhood refer to that area as "The burial grounds" but I'm guessing that's not what you're referring to...

Edited by rayfallon

I heard some guys in the neighborhood refer to that area as "The burial grounds" but I'm guessing that's not what you're referring to...

LOL... Good guess Ray...

Not knowing who will be future victims here, maybe we should put this clue away in the memory files for future use? :shutup:

Uncle Milty's Playland - sometimes known as Uncle Milty's Amusement Park - was among the legendary amusement parks, Hudson's County's rival to places like Palisades Amusement Park in Bergen County and Bertrand's Amusement Park in Morris County.

"Uncle Milty's park drew crowds from Staten Island, as well as from several surrounding counties in New Jersey," said his sister, Ann Cohen.

Milty Tone opened the park in the area where his father, Tenenbaum, had operated a similar facility two decades earlier, starting out with skeeball machines and rides.

• Like 1