The lady gsksun is referring to was a baritone-babe.

The one in this picture was a drum-diva, according to our best information.

Had an alumni listing this morning, but can't find it again. Not all had what they played or carried though.

Amazing how many people over the years and I'm sure the list isn't completed,

Think Tony has been working on that and he's done a great job.

Edited by gsksun4

To clarify:

Our male photo subject marched with the Skyliners competition corps for one season... 2002... but is not a member of the Skyliners Alumni corps.

• Like 1

While it is true that he "did time" with Sky in 2002, his main incarceration was with Sun all the other years ...

:-)

• Like 1

And Archie, Lambertville....maybe more.......

• Like 1

Nanc ... take your mom to the BHOF/Ghost Riders show in Buffalo on April 5th ... a ton of Alumni, I&E and Mini Corps ... contact Donny Allen for the details ... I just MD'd the Boston show yesterday and it was terrific! ...

:-)

That's good news Andy... I on the other hand caught some kind of crazy-### virus that turned me inside out for 12 hours - still haven't eaten since Sunday morning. Funny too - the "Norwalk Virus" - think the kids at Norwalk HS are getting back at me for all the years I taught their band?

Glad the BHoF shows are thriving - absolutely agree Nan - if you can go you should do it - Bridgeport too - last year at Bridgeport I met John Sasso whom I had not seen in decades, his brother Ted and Ernie Fesler - between the two of those guys is most of the real brass instruction I ever had that made any difference (in the Oceanside Legionaires).

Plus the corps are good too.

And Andy's worth the price of admission. He should be on "The Tonight Show - with the other, less talented Fallon" (no relation that I know of).

Yes.

That was his nickname... and for many years, a whole bunch of people thought that was his actual first name. LOL.

He shares a first name with one of my older brothers... which, admittedly, is not a good clue for the folks who don't know my brothers!!! :tongue:

If you don't quibble on spelling, he shares a name with a gross little bug too - no implication about either of your brothers.

• Like 1

Are you referring to the Skyliners CC or Sunrisers?

Are there any clues for the young lady in the pic? My first question would be, did she have three brothers in the corps when she marched?

Your description left me thinking about 2 people I marched with - Kay Williams (Gary's and Junior's sister and as Frank described - a "babe" by acclimation).

Or Theresa Conlon (Conlin?) who had one brother (Tommy - last time I looked he was in Sweden) and one cousin Vinnie (not the movie) also a "babe" by anyone's assessment, although wicked young when I marched. She was Mrs Pete China for a while.

When Frank said Bari babe I thought maybe Jane Matthews (also way too young but I know someone had to be the right age to be calling her a babe at the time).

I only just went through blondes, as specified in the picture, and only brass blondes.

Sun had numerous, extremely lovely young ladies in the corps.

And that's all I've got to say about that...

• Like 1

Your description left me thinking about 2 people I marched with - Kay Williams (Gary's and Junior's sister and as Frank described - a "babe" by acclimation).

Or Theresa Conlon (Conlin?) who had one brother (Tommy - last time I looked he was in Sweden) and one cousin Vinnie (not the movie) also a "babe" by anyone's assessment, although wicked young when I marched. She was Mrs Pete China for a while.

When Frank said Bari babe I thought maybe Jane Matthews (also way too young but I know someone had to be the right age to be calling her a babe at the time).

I only just went through blondes, as specified in the picture, and only brass blondes.

Sun had numerous, extremely lovely young ladies in the corps.

And that's all I've got to say about that...

BTW, although I went through this list I know who the actual pictured young lady is.

A Sun legend as well, and no worse off for her time with Stan, whose first real name is actually Marty or Lenny and whose last name sounds like one of a billion or so bugs, but isn't spelled that way.

Glad I could clear this all up.

Are you referring to the Skyliners CC or Sunrisers?

Are there any clues for the young lady in the pic? My first question would be, did she have three brothers in the corps when she marched?

As referenced above.... (I think it was Fran's post)

2002 Skyliners Competing Corps... (2002 Class A Champions)

2002_08_17_stan_sky.jpg

To the young lady... (Again, as Fran posted) She had 1 brother that also marched in the Drum Line with her.... (On a different piece of Percussion equipment)

(I think you're thinking of Rosie, this is not her)