Any chance she was/still is in law enforcement?

She is...

Yes, but I'm pretty sure sure that her line of work is not something she would like to have discussed on an open forum like this.

True...

ok. explain that. what's so bad about law enforcement. ya kinda lost me fran ole buddy.

As with several of the assignments I had (it's the same with the other LEO's here, right Tim) many are not to be talked about for security / safety reasons.

Just saw a pic in the latest DCW that she was also the first female multi-tom drummer in OLPH Ridgemen ...

:-)

• Like 1

Just saw a pic in the latest DCW that she was also the first female multi-tom drummer in OLPH Ridgemen ...

:-)

In the "Amazing World of Drum Corps" by Brian Tolzmann, Pages 6 - 7 http://www.drumcorpsworld.com/Magazines/apr_2014/

1975, 1st female in the Drumline...

I think that Fran's disclaimer is appropriate and a good idea.

This long time cop is now in a more sensitive area that writing tickets or busting drunks in Prospect Park.

My own observation from when I was back with Sun as a brass guy in 1990 (although I missed much of her Sun time) was that this young lady was the type of leader that does so by example.

There was an enormous amount of respect for her when she played, not because she could snap you like a twig and cuff you in the next moment, but because she had her, i.e. the corps' priorities clear in her mind, and while she seemed to be as much fun as anyone, she never deviated from that drive to be great as a team.

We've all be exposed to Rah Rah, vocal, "big time" leaders in drum corps, business, and life, and most of us have observed that real leadership, the kind we love to follow, happens on the front line.

She was one of those Sunrisers that people did the right thing around because they didn't want to disappoint her.

That's powerful stuff in a team environment. I was only there a short time but I saw it.

• Like 3

ok. explain that. what's so bad about law enforcement. ya kinda lost me fran ole buddy.

It's the area of law enforcement she is in. Not something for public discussion.

That is about all I can, or will, say about that.

• Like 1

OK... I see that disclaimer has already been covered. LOL.

What Ray said... Kathleen was the ultimate team player, and had the respect of all of us in the corps.

• Like 2