>>

i dunno but that was crap beer. like Schlitz and black label.

<<

Hmmm ... three of my favs ... better than that Jenny cream Ale P!SS ..

:-)

wow that was pretty rude! all i said is i thought they were crap beers. i didn't care where they came from. and for the record i really didn't drink jenny cream ale. so just because it was a rochester beer ya gotta say that ####? really? andy c'mon your better than that. for me i liked molson's golden.

wow that was pretty rude! all i said is i thought they were crap beers. i didn't care where they came from. and for the record i really didn't drink jenny cream ale. so just because it was a rochester beer ya gotta say that ####? really? andy c'mon your better than that. for me i liked molson's golden.

Most humble apologies for said beer reference ... as the river flows through Rochester so shall a beer equal of it's magnificense be ingested by all ... so it is written ... so it shall be ...

Andy " Hulls Export was the absolute worst IMO ... and when money ran out ... I dank it with my Boones Farm Wine" Lisko

By that time, Rheingold was a Mets sponsor. There's a YouTube segment somewhere of the Sunrisers at this gig. It was "Miss Rheingold" day and all those babes were there. That's why we had to learn that tune. It didn't lay well in the G/D horn so tyhe lead sopranos had to give part of the melody to the French Horns after about 6 bars. How positively humiliating.

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtaQXUD16Tg

By that time, Rheingold was a Mets sponsor. There's a YouTube segment somewhere of the Sunrisers at this gig. It was "Miss Rheingold" day and all those babes were there. That's why we had to learn that tune. It didn't lay well in the G/D horn so tyhe lead sopranos had to give part of the melody to the French Horns after about 6 bars. How positively humiliating.

Here's the clip:

And here's the 1962 Miss Rheingold Finalists ... really ... do you own search!!!

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?&id=HN.608010675998820796&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

Most humble apologies for said beer reference ... as the river flows through Rochester so shall a beer equal of it's magnificense be ingested by all ... so it is written ... so it shall be ...

Andy " Hulls Export was the absolute worst IMO ... and when money ran out ... I dank it with my Boones Farm Wine" Lisko

jenny was garbage beer. we always had it but i always looked for a store to get something else. and i agree about boones farm. wraped my lips around bottles of that . when i was younger i liked matuse. a real good rose. but couldn't drink it around the corps. it was always beer. and whisky. canadian club for me. those bus ride home were a blur.

>>Cute then, even sexy, a couple of them.

Now they're all great-grandmothers.<<

HAHA ... kinda like PAL's guard ... eh Frank????

• Like 1

Some of the kids in Brooklyn were grandmothers and still eligible to march Junior Corps...

Just sayin...

Like that group from "Our Lady of the Perpetual Conception"

>>So whom did Ballentine sponsor? The Yankees? Mel Allen? Channel 11?

I get so confused...<<

Mel Allen ... YES ... Yankees ... YES ... Channel 11 ... (maybe) ... CBS Channel 2 in NYC ... YES ...

Mel used to do the "Three Ring Sign" commercials live ... and then he'd pour a nice cold one and drink it on camera ... he was wasted by the 8th inning!!!!! ... many times the bottles used to go over the ledge in the booth and onto the fans below ... one game, he almost fell into the crowd with it!!!!! Totally in line with Lucy's Vitameatavegiman commercial !!!!!

As Mel would say: "HOW ABOUT THAT?????"

By the time I was a Yankees' fan (late 50s, early 60s, after the Dodgers left, it was WPIX Channel 11.

I know my NY baseball!

"This is Phil Rizzuto for the Money Store"

Skowron 14 1b

Richardson 2 2nd base

Kubek 15 SS (or Tresh)

C Boyer 6 3b

Hector Lopez 42 LF

Mantle 7 CF

Maris 9 RF

Berra 8 C; Howard 32 C

Bouton - can't read the number, he keeps falling off the mound when he throws - pitcher.

I had it at one time. Now I'm a Sox fan. Blame Steinbrenner...

Here's the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtaQXUD16Tg

very cool - liked the "Top Brass" sign behind the corps...

John in a black suit...

Lot of names we shouldn't forget mentioned on Billy's color commentary..