Incredible.

My Uncle Leo (my mom's brother) was one of the Army Rangers who stormed the beach on D-Day.

He later helped liberate a concentration camp.

I remember my mom telling us, years ago, that he came home from Europe a changed man... he was never quite the same as he was before the war. Much more withdrawn. Always a nice man, but withdrawn.

Understandably so.

Like Frank and others have said... I can't even imagine going through what my uncle, and thousands of others, endured. They are all heroes in my book.

Agreed.....

If I have the story right, my dad landed on D-Day + 7....

• Like 1

Donnie

lol your former father in law told me how he got his purple heart... but I'll never tell....

what a great guy

Edited by TomPeashey

Donnie

lol your former father in law told me how he got his purple heart... but I'll never tell....

what a great guy

yeah lets not say. it's a funny story.

I still laugh every time I think of it...

Have we gotten so far afield that we have run out of thread to pull?

Are we threadbare?

Hmmmm...

How many fingers am I holding up?

Andy, don't give it away - I know you know every question ever asked on this page...

>>

How many fingers am I holding up?

Andy, don't give it away - I know you know every question ever asked on this page...<<

That's not true ... I've learned quite a bit in Wholand ... especially about the Upstate corps ...

... two ...

:-)

I have it from an unimpeachable source that, after this weekend, there will be new photos here to ID for the edification of all.

Meanwhile, how about a trivia ID?

Who's on that very short list of instructors who have won 2 National Championships on the same day? (Legion, VFW, DCA, DCI, AFof L/CIO...whatever association.)

Meanwhile, how about a trivia ID?

Who's on that very short list of instructors who have won 2 National Championships on the same day? (Legion, VFW, DCA, DCI, AFof L/CIO...whatever association.)

Great trivia question. I might have someone in mind, but I'll wait to see how this plays out.

Edited by gsksun4

>>Who's on that very short list of instructors who have won 2 National Championships on the same day? (Legion, VFW, DCA, DCI, AFof L/CIO...whatever association.)<<

One I can think of is Al Mura ... Garfield/Holy Name and Hawthorne Cabs ... AL Nats 1953

:-)