the Red Knights will be hosting a standstill show in Pittsfield on the 25th ... here's the preliminary info I got from their Director:

Show: Benefit for Shriners Children's Hospital & Pittsfield, MA Fourth of July Parade Committee

Sponsor: Boy's and Girl's Club ... Pittsfield, MA
Produced by: SDCA "Small Drum Corps Association ... Hebron, IL"
Show Date and Time: Saturday, October 25, 2014 ... 1:00 PM
Show Type: Indoor Standstill
Corps Lineup to Date:
Ritchee Price (Soloist) ... Providence, RI (Tentative)
Maine Regiment ... Portland, ME (Tentative)
Misslemen ... Winthrop, MA (Tentative)
Standish Guard ... Plymouth, MA
Mehla Shriners ... Springfield, MA
Red Knights ... Pittsfield, MA
Marksmen ... Springfield, MA
Capital Brass ... Albany, NY
Selden Cadets ... Long Island, NY
Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights ... Newark, NJ
Crusaders Senior Drum & Bugle Corps ... Boston, MA

Speaking of tours and jails, etc., Andy, if yer going to this one and John Bailey is with Selden on the kit, ask him if he's hi-jacked any ice cream trucks lately. I think it was Barnum, maybe 63 or 64. He should get a smile out of that one, as long as Joyce isn't there to poke him in the ribs.

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 2

OK, that's what I'm talking about...

Another thread on DCP... this one on Cadets...

The "poster" begins his multi-paragraph description of what the Cadets should be doing (I'm guessing the poster has spent decades making corps programs better - or maybe just whining about them on DCP) with "forgive my condescension"

Who in their right mind would DECIDE to be condescending?

Who thinks they're smart enough to "condescend" to the rest of us, the great unwashed?

We get some of the smartest people I've ever met on DCP and this schmuck is going to condescend?

This is why I hate 90% of DCP as much as I used to hate RAMD.

It's about drum corps.

and for me it should be about what we LOVE about it because if we concentrate on what we hate about it, all we do is hasten its demise.

And there is zero (repeat 0.0000) room for condescension.

If Dorritie isn't condescending, if Andy, Cossetti, Priester, Kenny Norman, the list goes on and on and on of people that have actually developed GREAT corps, and they don't condescend, how does some egotistical #### say "forgive my condescension"???

don't look to ME for forgiveness, you twit!

And don't think you're necessarily smart enough to treat me condescendingly.

Hate it! Hate hate hate it!

Sorry... all done... going to my corner to sit quietly.

that's why i don't go over there anymore. i can't take the bull #### anymore.

• Like 1

>>

Speaking of tours and jails, etc., Andy, if yer going to this one and John Bailey is with Selden on the kit, ask him if he's hi-jacked any ice cream trucks lately. I think it was Barnum, maybe 63 or 64. He should get a smile out of that one, as long as Joyce isn't there to poke him in the ribs.

<<

John was mercilessly dragged through the streets of Bpt for decades for stealing the ice cream truck in 63 at the Barnum ... he was handcuffed, locked away at the police station and Lefty had to put up the prize money (good thing Sky won) to bail him out ...

At various I&E shows in Bpt through the years, I always played it up and even had him "arrested" by a cop friend of mine ... then, a few years ago, I had one of the City's bigwigs issue a Proclamation finally absolving him of the "ice cream truck caper" ...

:-)

• Like 2

#### sam!!!!!! I be all up for a reprise of Joe Schultz Cadets...I think Dan Fitz and Bob Gaff would be interested....possible to get the guys from Ct. guys??? if John is up to it would love to reprise his conga parts on 'Basically Blues' ......I'm so excited I could touch myself inappropriately but not if my Sadie is around for I shall marry her when I grow up......so Mr. Priester, I will elucidate and speak with specificity where duplicitous names could be misconstrued (ya sure Pepe used big words like dese?)

oh, Andy, ya want a piece of candy?????

Guido

• Like 2

>>oh, Andy, ya want a piece of candy?????<<

Oh, Mr. Cossetti ... you're making me blush ... :inlove: ...

I'd like to see a BHOF Joe Schultz Cadets "tour" next year at their I&E shows ... you and Mr. Fallon could resurrect them, stocked with BHOFers and play Basin Street Blues (which used to be the BHOF signature song at events) ...

Oh for the joy of it ...

Mr. Cossetti ... can you pull it off? ... I mean the Schultz gigs ... not the touching thing Sir Shortness ... this could be the catalyst that Mr. Fallon was looking for as he moves back east!

• Like 2

As I said earlier this week, don't get in John Flowers' way as he exits the hospital today.

Who's tougher than John?

he's not leaving yet. Skee Derr just posted an update on the Westshore facebook page and probably others too.

• Like 1

well now, oh guru of the pattyflafla.....I would surely put supreme effort into such a venture....after all half of the entrants at the resurrected DCA I&E event were Archie folks included in the JSC 'mixed ensemble', so it would be a second nature endeavor I should opine (OK Pepe, I'll stop the big woids).....it might inspire some others to participate also.....

Guido the Gnome

#### sam!!!!!! I be all up for a reprise of Joe Schultz Cadets...I think Dan Fitz and Bob Gaff would be interested....possible to get the guys from Ct. guys??? if John is up to it would love to reprise his conga parts on 'Basically Blues' ......I'm so excited I could touch myself inappropriately but not if my Sadie is around for I shall marry her when I grow up......so Mr. Priester, I will elucidate and speak with specificity where duplicitous names could be misconstrued (ya sure Pepe used big words like dese?)

oh, Andy, ya want a piece of candy?????

Guido

Alright kid, you're on... I get released October 10th (good behavior) and a couple days driving home.

I just started rewriting "Basically Blues" yesterday for modern (not G) instrumentation, although I guess I should write Danny Fitz in G...

Couple new wrinkles.

We'll start blowing around Christmas and be ready for the BHoF tour next (late) winter...

Let's start thinking repertoire.

Danny (Fallon) is playing every day (plays with Boston College Wind Ensemble) and Raymond still playing every day (once 7th finishes tour).

Kevin still keeps his hand in it and Connor is a chip off the old block.

Maybe your girls?

We can do this!

(Don't stop him... he's on a roll)

And yes I'm serious...

• Like 2

>>oh, Andy, ya want a piece of candy?????<<

Oh, Mr. Cossetti ... you're making me blush ... :inlove: ...

I'd like to see a BHOF Joe Schultz Cadets "tour" next year at their I&E shows ... you and Mr. Fallon could resurrect them, stocked with BHOFers and play Basin Street Blues (which used to be the BHOF signature song at events) ...

Oh for the joy of it ...

Mr. Cossetti ... can you pull it off? ... I mean the Schultz gigs ... not the touching thing Sir Shortness ... this could be the catalyst that Mr. Fallon was looking for as he moves back east!

Gonna call my Parole Officer right now and make sure I'm allowed to associate with the likes of Jim and Andy...

BTW if anyone is reading this - I'm kidding about releases and paroles - I'm retiring from a terrific airline.

tired, plus it's really tough to keep up with my wife's MS out here in TX where you're supposed to cure yourself with prayer or shoot what hurts with your 2nd Amendment Rights.

• Like 2

great new my no longer hirstute friend.....man, with the possible additions of Kevin, Dan, Ray and Connor, even on an if-they-can-make-it basis would be icing on the cake....I'll start contacting folks from the original group....still occasionally communicate with Bob Kogut and Scott Friend is still in Ct......I believe it's logistically possible. Plus, given the available talent in BHOF for those members who would like to participate at any of the BHOF indoor shows, it would be a gas.

I have an arrangement of 'Basically"... from the Air Force "Airmen of Note" jazzband that we were using with my big band....not much difrent from your chart 'cept scored for legitimate instruments.

Mind is turning for a full 'book', but I had to stop when the "Greatest Hits" reached 1.479 ......oy veh......

Guido

• Like 1