Sorry, double posting.

Edited by cabalumnidrummer

Wow! Great clues already!!

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

One @ a time please! Left to Right Please! Guess Who # 421 ?

Oh, you will.... you'll end up knowing all three names. :worthy:

I'm sure I will. the issue is usually the old pictures aren't the faces I know of them :tongue:

I mean I never remember Jimbalaya being 5'8' or not having gray hair

:devil:

Are you all taking notes? This is some awesome stuff!!

YEP!! thumbup.gif

Hints/Clues:

*ajlisko: 1, Hmmmm ... don't know where to begin ... he's become such a ROMEO lately ...

*gsksun4: 1, The year was 1963. Hot day in August. Maybe it was around 4:00. Several thousand people gather at Droyer's Point New Jersey, in a minor league baseball stadium. No baseball that day though. The hot dog concession under the stands is empty. So is the beer concession. Don't quote me on that beer concession, there's always a straggler late to his seat for the show stopper. Some guy in khaki fires a gun. The guy on the left plays four notes and the crowd knows everyone is about to get their money's worth. The rest is a blur till the folks along the first base line get a blast of the sea of red and black.

I'm guessing everyone here knows who this guy is. I do, cause he's got dark hair in the picture this time, right Nanci?

*gsksun4: If memory serves me correctly, #1 did a stint with the Air Force D&B Corps pre-63. Around the time Bob Bunce was there in DC. Bunce once played a record of that corps for us Selden guys and it was a who's who of the activity. #1 also has something in common with a character on the TV show My Favorite Martian.

*Ray Priester: I hear that #1 was into Fox Hunting at one time.

*gsksun4: Well, this will need some explaining after all is said and done.

*ajlisko: ... and before the Sky and the AF, he was with Mighty St. Joe's of Newark where he marched with the other two ...

*ajlisko: Oh my ... first the Fox Hunt ... then a ROMEO ... hmmm ... somehow I see a Portrait in Brass somewhere in the mix ...

*Fran Haring: The man on the left... if it is who I think it is... arguably has to be on the short list of "greatest horn players in the history of drum corps."

*pete china: Going back a few posts, we had Joe Ferrara from the NY Kingsmen. He and his crew came from St. Clement Pope in South Ozone Park, Queens who were taught by #1.

*fossil50: No beer for him maybe a "Martini"

*cabalumnidrummer: Carnegie Hall, 1963 or '64. (Pretty sure it was '63) 'Desafinada,' (sp. ?) 'The Fox Hunters,' and 'You Made Me Love You.' Not sure if he played all three, but I think he did, long before I met him and worked with him teaching a corps in Brooklyn.

Edited by TennTux

I'm sure I will. the issue is usually the old pictures aren't the faces I know of them :tongue:

I guess I missed that too.... shutup.gif

JC used to have a dark colored mullet and sideburns down to his chin. But, he was never 5'8'... more like 5' 2 or 3ish.

YEP!! thumbup.gif

Hints/Clues:

*ajlisko: 1, Hmmmm ... don't know where to begin ... he's become such a ROMEO lately ...

*gsksun4: 1, The year was 1963. Hot day in August. Maybe it was around 4:00. Several thousand people gather at Droyer's Point New Jersey, in a minor league baseball stadium. No baseball that day though. The hot dog concession under the stands is empty. So is the beer concession. Don't quote me on that beer concession, there's always a straggler late to his seat for the show stopper. Some guy in khaki fires a gun. The guy on the left plays four notes and the crowd knows everyone is about to get their money's worth. The rest is a blur till the folks along the first base line get a blast of the sea of red and black.

I'm guessing everyone here knows who this guy is. I do, cause he's got dark hair in the picture this time, right Nanci?

*gsksun4: If memory serves me correctly, #1 did a stint with the Air Force D&B Corps pre-63. Around the time Bob Bunce was there in DC. Bunce once played a record of that corps for us Selden guys and it was a who's who of the activity. #1 also has something in common with a character on the TV show My Favorite Martian.

*Ray Priester: I hear that #1 was into Fox Hunting at one time.

*gsksun4: Well, this will need some explaining after all is said and done.

*ajlisko: ... and before the Sky and the AF, he was with Mighty St. Joe's of Newark where he marched with the other two ...

*ajlisko: Oh my ... first the Fox Hunt ... then a ROMEO ... hmmm ... somehow I see a Portrait in Brass somewhere in the mix ...

*Fran Haring: The man on the left... if it is who I think it is... arguably has to be on the short list of "greatest horn players in the history of drum corps."

*pete china: Going back a few posts, we had Joe Ferrara from the NY Kingsmen. He and his crew came from St. Clement Pope in South Ozone Park, Queens who were taught by #1.

*fossil50: No beer for him maybe a "Martini"

*cabalumnidrummer: Carnegie Hall, 1963 or '64. (Pretty sure it was '63) 'Desafinada,' (sp. ?) 'The Fox Hunters,' and 'You Made Me Love You.' Not sure if he played all three, but I think he did, long before I met him and worked with him teaching a corps in Brooklyn.

Tony, you have WAY too much time on your hands! Holy ! I can't believe you put all that together!

So, do you have a guess for the first gent on the left?

Tony, you have WAY too much time on your hands! Holy ! I can't believe you put all that together!

So, do you have a guess for the first gent on the left?

Because I know all three I thought I would use my time collecting hints and clues..... thumbup.gif

I never figured out if #1 was related to Harvey, Shirley and David.