It's been a while...

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 464 ?

Last day to add your fav. memories / stories here. Tomorrow I'll post a new victim, er... um.. feature.

C'mon Tom, Donny, etc.... you guys must have some good ones to share!

while everyone tiptoes around our favorite Shortsville NY Hall of Famer...

if anyone likes old stuff (Don Incardona?) here's 12 and a half minutes of pleasure

1965 Cru at Portland OR nationals

http://soundcloud.com/garygoldstein/1965-crusaders

So ... was the guy in the pic part of the 65 Crusaders? ... I got to see them at the Dream that year ... very impressive corps to say the least ... what AL Post sponsored them in Portland - Grey Knights Post or Rochester's Post?

:-)

thumbup.gif

good stuff eh tony. drum corps the way it's supposed to be. big, bad and balls. :thumbup:

Edited by donincardona
  • Like 1

So ... was the guy in the pic part of the 65 Crusaders? ... I got to see them at the Dream that year ... very impressive corps to say the least ... what AL Post sponsored them in Portland - Grey Knights Post or Rochester's Post?

:-)

it was the grey knights post. they were the grey knights post crusaders. and i don't remember if he was in the corps that year. tom would know.

It's been a while...

Please Read Before You Post

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Please submit any questions and / or pics in their full size (preferably JPG format), with full description - names, Corps, Stadium, Year... etc. to:

The *Guess Who* Mailbox

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way..

Guess Who # 464 ?

Last day to add your fav. memories / stories here. Tomorrow I'll post a new victim, er... um.. feature.

C'mon Tom, Donny, etc.... you guys must have some good ones to share!

I think most, of not all of us, know who he is now..... my question is has his name been actually been posted yet? (I might have missed it if it was....)

I think most, of not all of us, know who he is now..... my question is has his name been actually been posted yet? (I might have missed it if it was....)

no tony. all we do now is assume on this thread. the queen has no time for us now that she does facebook. i'll let skinny tom post his name. i think it was his pic. take it away skinny.:tongue:

no tony. all we do now is assume on this thread. the queen has no time for us now that she does facebook. i'll let skinny tom post his name. i think it was his pic. take it away skinny.:tongue:

Anyone that wants to name him... go for it!

I have very little time for the computer lately. I pop in and out as I walk by, or in between paying bills/ filling out forms, or on break from yard work or house repairs, or while I have food cooking/ baking...etc..

So, I make my internet rounds as I can.

No, it wasn't Tom's pic. He couldn't believe who it was at first.

This was an awesome picture...for a few reasons...you'll see later. (wink) :smile:

while everyone tiptoes around our favorite Shortsville NY Hall of Famer...

if anyone likes old stuff (Don Incardona?) here's 12 and a half minutes of pleasure

1965 Cru at Portland OR nationals

http://soundcloud.com/garygoldstein/1965-crusaders

Now I know why that was such a legendary corps. Great stuff!

Thanks for that recording Skinny Tom...I have the NYS Legion from that year, but have never heard the portland recording...absolutley great!!!

It's time to spill the beans on our hero so here goes...

The one, the only, .........Dick Pronti!

to the best of my knowledge Dick (still can't believe that's him) never marched with CRU... he did a brief stint with Brigs and several others...

I love listening to Cru 65... it was a fantastic year for us... and I can play every note of the French Horn parts to this day... It was an interesting blend of Doc Mizma and Sal Sparraza arrangements... If anyone cares... that was 50 horns including an unheard of 6 contras... key soloists were Bruce Winkleman, Mike DiMura (who still plays for St. Joe's alumni) and Ray Mura... Drum line was done by Colin Campbell... VERY clean...

Gary's note says that it is the Portland recording and I believe it... judging by the cleanliness... the Dream recording has the thunder and audience reactions which this doesn't... the Legion state recording was not anywhere near as clean...

Someone sent me the prelims recording (short show) ... our strong 1st place finish in prelims made the difference in finals...