Nanci

First off... check your mail tomorrow... present should arrive... Monday latest...

Now... for the Colonel pic... I've got a headache trying to figure everything out through the many posts... what corps was that?

second... to whoever asked about Dick Blake... yes, he was an editor of DCN and Fleetwood Sound Technician... and anything else that needed to be done...

Finally, are you saying that Tru originated the Drum Corps Nut bumper stickers? Chooch (John Laskowski for the uninformed) was selling them to us in 1962 or so... I was sure he had the "copyright" on it or whatever it's called... you got me confused...

clear that up please

See??

Now, I thought it started with John also... but, you contacted me about that particular post http://tinyurl.com/4oe4hz and then you really confused me. I know Tru used it in many instances... did *he* originate it or did John?? I always thought it was John. But, I'm prone to believe you... so, help a sistah out here. I'm a historian for God sake... I want to get things right!

See??

Now, I thought it started with John also... but, you contacted me about that particular post http://tinyurl.com/4oe4hz and then you really confused me. I know Tru used it in many instances... did *he* originate it or did John?? I always thought it was John. But, I'm prone to believe you... so, help a sistah out here. I'm a historian for God sake... I want to get things right!

if i had to guess i'd say it was john. i saw that thing around rochester in the mid sixties. it was prominent in syracuse at the pagent of drums senour show.......or i've lost my mind. :thumbup:

it was John - I'm sure of it... and believe me - he made money with that one...

As for Tru using it... they were good friends... those central NY ties remained with that whole crew... (which of course included Tru, Armond and Richard Gabrielle and Corky Fabrizio)

C'mon "Don" ... every Sicilian family has a Sonny and a Junior !!!!

:-)

Believe me, if I were Sicilian I'm sure I would carry the name proudly! (Or pay a terrible price)

I might draw the line at "Sonny Boy" though!! :thumbup:

Donnie Boy

See??

Wow, "Please enclose a 5 cent stamp to cover mailing" That should give us a time frame.

Quick aside to Donnie and Marty:

I saw on Yahoo, home page that today is "Talk Like a Pirate Day!" So, to both of you, "Have a wonderful day, me hearties! 'Tis a great day to be a Buccaneer, or a former Buc! Aaaargh!'

Hey Nanci, any pics of old Bucs in your archive?

"AVAST YE LUBBERS! I have no idea what that means but I'm sure it's nautical!

I sent Nanci some photos of old Bucs but most of them are of me:-) just kidding. She did run some of them. I'll try to dig up somemore.

Donnie Solinger

Reading Buccaneers

Corps Historian

Bump..

If you *know* who it is.... please wait a while (not everyone is on here all day or even daily for that matter)

If there have been no Guesses..........Then give a *challenging* hint.

When giving hints on these try to be creative and just dangle the tiniest tidbit. Make people really think / work on it. Then wait it out a while before tossing another tiny vague tidbit...

C'mon we've got to make these last a little longer. PLEASE??

For a little more insight on the workings of this thread check out pg. 790 post #7894.

Also, any comments made MUST be made in good taste... this is a fun loving thread... not a revenge match. Please spew your venom elsewhere.

Thanx in advance!

All that said and out of the way...

Here's a classic. Guess Who # 235 ?

Mickey Kelly and Curt Gowdy?