What is your favorite stick and why?

futurecavessnare

I got a question? what is your favorite stick? and why?

and also do you know what sticks corps use?

I know what sticks BD and blue stars use, do you know by any chance?

I like Scott Johnson Tom Aungust and Ralph Hardimon sticks personally

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite snare stick was by far the IP Colin McNutt - I think it is called the FS-2 now. Perfect weight, length and balance.

Dennis Delusha (spelling) Now called magnums. They have an smoother feel for the kevlar head and help deliver more power with less effort.

Whatever happened to Gambal? They made without question the best tenor mallets.

I actually march with Gambal himself at the Bridgemen. He stopped producing them a little while ago, but I THINK he is considering going back into production. Don't quote me on that one.

I would even love to see a company like promark pick up the Gambal mallet as a new type.

Either way, I'm happy to say that I've got two pairs of the greatest tenor mallets in the world. If you look on ebay, you might see them now and again.

Oh the Rhythm model....

"Hit me with your Rhythm stick, hit me, hit me..."

Never heard of it? Hmm :laugh:

Lately I've been hung on VF Scott Johnsons. Why? Not to sure. I just like the feel and the sound I get off the drum with them.

I just rescently bought a pair of Hannum's and I must say they are pretty nice. Not sure I like the sound they produce. I need a little more time with them.

I'm another fan of the Hardimans, although I still like to hack it out old school once in awhile with my ancient DC10s. The Hardimans are just an all around superior stick. The DC10s remind me of the old ads with Robbie Robinson marching a solid mile holding a roll. I started doing the same thing to the general annoyance of my home town, lol.

Edited by pearlsnaredrummer77