What is your favorite stick and why?

futurecavessnare

I like the Hardimans double wrapped. It gives a nice weight similar to Scojo's, but I like the rebound and feel. I'm also a fan of Pro Marks Fitz stick, real heavy, not the greatist rebound, but great chop builders. Anyone ever play with Silverfox sticks? God if that wasn't a horrable season lol.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the IP Jim Casella. It's a great all around sounding drum stick. It has a great weight and feel,LOOKS COOL, and has a nice wet sound.

I got a question? what is your favorite stick? and why?

and also do you know what sticks corps use?

I know what sticks BD and blue stars use, do you know by any chance?

I like Scott Johnson Tom Aungust and Ralph Hardimon sticks personally

Blue Stars use Promark and I believe Blue Devils use the Vic Firth Scott Johnson model !

It's funny, but when my son is around his friends he talks the Vic Firth talk ! When he's home practising, he uses my Promarks because they're weighted and matched much better. I hardly ever see him use the Firths.

Not for nothing...pick up some Promarks and see what you've been missing ! I would suggest trying their standard DC3S or the new DC 11's (my personal favorite)in hickory !

Have FUN drummin' !

Blue Stars use Promark and I believe Blue Devils use the Vic Firth Scott Johnson model !

It's funny, but when my son is around his friends he talks the Vic Firth talk ! When he's home practising, he uses my Promarks because they're weighted and matched much better. I hardly ever see him use the Firths.

Not for nothing...pick up some Promarks and see what you've been missing ! I would suggest trying their standard DC3S or the new DC 11's (my personal favorite)in hickory !

Have FUN drummin' !

I still like my Vic Firth MT1A's, however those Pro-Mark Mike Stevens TS7's you gave me kick some serious ###. Pro-Mark's metal shaft mallets are terrible but they nailed it with the TS7's.

I once thought IP's PR-1 was the best, until the PR-2 came out. It gives this perfect sound that the Hardimons don't. SC's sticks are OK. I think the worst stick i've ever messed around with is Thom Hannums, It has a horrible feel in my hand, I can't stand the bead!

Oh the Rhythm model....

"Hit me with your Rhythm stick, hit me, hit me..."

Never heard of it? Hmm :wub:

OMG a reference to Ian Dury and the Blockheads. That's it, got to pull out New Boots and Panties. B)

Regal Corps Quantum 7000's with the nylon tip have been my favorite stick for many years. I initially resisted the shortened sticks when they first became popular. But I've tried the Hardimons, preferred by many of my colleagues, and I just don't like the longer stick now. The Regals have a very comfortable feel (and the shorter stick is less likely to get caught up in my uniform shirt sleeve).

I once thought IP's PR-1 was the best, until the PR-2 came out. It gives this perfect sound that the Hardimons don't. SC's sticks are OK. I think the worst stick i've ever messed around with is Thom Hannums, It has a horrible feel in my hand, I can't stand the bead!

They took some getting use to no doubt. But I like the pair I have. Nice articulate sound of the drum but if I have to pic one I'm going with the Sco Jo's

• 2 weeks later...
I got a question? what is your favorite stick? and why?

and also do you know what sticks corps use?

I know what sticks BD and blue stars use, do you know by any chance?

I like Scott Johnson Tom Aungust and Ralph Hardimon sticks personally

Of the sticks in current production, I like the Firth Hardimon model. I like the full 17" length and the long shoulder/taper. I prefer the wood tip, though if I were playing a book with lots of cymbal rides, I suppose the synthetic tip would be a more practical choice.

My real favorites, though, are a pair of 70's vintage Ludwig "laminated" model 3S sticks that I found on Ebay. Wonderful balance and an even longer, more graceful taper to an acorn bead. As you might guess, it (or its solid hickory counterpart) was the stick that I, along with a million other old geezers, learned to play on. Back in the day, the Ludwig 3S was pretty much the only stick anyone used!

regards,

Fred O.

Ralph Hardimon's are the best sticks out there

i HATE Pro Mark and IP's marching sticks/mallets. they're just awful.

and YES i've used them. not by choice...