What is your favorite stick and why?

futurecavessnare

I would love to get my paws on a pair of Sco Jo's. It was a very good move putting rubber tips on. That way you can practice everywhere without damaging anything! Would be nice if the could make other sticks with the rubber tip... Like Vic Firth Magnums..

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to get my paws on a pair of Sco Jo's. It was a very good move putting rubber tips on. That way you can practice everywhere without damaging anything! Would be nice if the could make other sticks with the rubber tip... Like Vic Firth Magnums..

I think Innovative sells just the rubber tips !

Meh... I played with innovative sticks... Not impressed with them in the least...

Meh... I played with innovative sticks... Not impressed with them in the least...

They're not my favorite either, but we were talking about 'rubber tips'...weren't we ?

Yea they sell just the rubber tips, they come in three sizes plus you can put them on any stick. I chose to put them on my IP PR-2's simply because they rock =D

Oh and don't say they can't damage anything, well not because it's not true because they can't...but remember, DON'T SHOT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BREAK SOMETHING, YOU STILL HAVE THE REST OF THE STICK AT YOUR POWER SO BE CAREFUL!!

Edited by PhantomPhan1989

I like Hardimons, but my favorite is my pair of IP Bret Kuhn's - they have a similar weight / heft packed into a slimmer stick.

Mike

I absolutely, 100% agree. I used to despise Innovative Percussion, until I tried the Kuhn. I still wouldn't recommend any tenor or bass mallet, but the Bret Kuhn is perfect.

VF Colin McNutts.

VF Scott/Vega tenor sticks.

Anybody try those new Aungst Tenor mallet/stick things yet?

VF Colin McNutts.

VF Scott/Vega tenor sticks.

Anybody try those new Aungst Tenor mallet/stick things yet?

Yes.

AMAZING.

They, given five years or less, will become the new standard for east coast lines using Vic Firth.

I once thought IP's PR-1 was the best, until the PR-2 came out. It gives this perfect sound that the Hardimons don't. SC's sticks are OK. I think the worst stick i've ever messed around with is Thom Hannums, It has a horrible feel in my hand, I can't stand the bead!

Seconded!

The PR-2's are a little TOO dark sounding for my taste but I like the feel of them. The PR-1's are my standby w/ the IP Cassella's coming in a close 2nd.

Phantom uses Paul Rennicks, but that makes sense, and those are my favorite. And it helps that we use those sticks at my old high school.