Defenders Alumni Corps Formed

The Defenders Drum & Bugle Corp of Rockland, MA is pleased to announce the formation of an alumni corps beginning in November of this year. The brass section will begin rehearsals on November 18th and the percussion section will begin rehearsals after the first of the year. Interest has been high with Defender alumni since the corps' reunion in July but it was recently decided to open the corps to outside members interested in playing with the corps.

The brass section will be taught by former staff members Steve Dorgan and Wayne Boyd and will perform selection previously played by the corps. For more information visit the corps web site: www.defendersalumni.org

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Defenders Drum & Bugle Corp of Rockland, MA is pleased to announce the formation of an alumni corps beginning in November of this year. The brass section will begin rehearsals on November 18th and the percussion section will begin rehearsals after the first of the year. Interest has been high with Defender alumni since the corps' reunion in July but it was recently decided to open the corps to outside members interested in playing with the corps.

The brass section will be taught by former staff members Steve Dorgan and Wayne Boyd and will perform selection previously played by the corps. For more information visit the corps web site: www.defendersalumni.org

Dale,

Congratulations and best of luck in your efforts to build your alumni corps. As someone that lives in the Boston area, it seems as though all we've been doing over the last 25 years is watching the majority of our cherished local corps cease operation. It's certainly nice to see some positive news for a change.

Steve and Wayne are very talented musicians (as well as great guys), and I know that they'll be tremendous assets to your corps.

Dale,

Congratulations and best of luck in your efforts to build your alumni corps. As someone that lives in the Boston area, it seems as though all we've been doing over the last 25 years is watching the majority of our cherished local corps cease operation. It's certainly nice to see some positive news for a change.

Steve and Wayne are very talented musicians (as well as great guys), and I know that they'll be tremendous assets to your corps.

I'll echo Paul's remarks wholeheartedly. Steve & Wayne are both excellent medications &

great guys. Well, Steve is a great guy, Wayne, well................................

OH WAIT! Wayne can still cut me from the Mass Brass mellophone section!

Yea! Wayne's a great guy! :laugh::blink::doh:

(hope he didn't see that other part) :sshh: :sshh: :sshh:

Seriously, congratulations Defenders!

The Light Brigade wishes you all the best.

Hope to see you down the road next season.

Didnt you guys play Divergents by Sir Francis MacBeth? Purple Lancers from Auburn NY played and then I believe the only other corps I ever heard play it was Rockland Defenders. If so, play it again...LOL

John Doe

Didnt you guys play Divergents by Sir Francis MacBeth? Purple Lancers from Auburn NY played and then I believe the only other corps I ever heard play it was Rockland Defenders. If so, play it again...LOL

John Doe

Donny you are correct, and yes that is on the agenda as the corps opener for the first year.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Dale

John Doe

My first year of teaching I chatted with Francis MacBeth about a piece of music I was conducting and he was the nicest guy! Great composer! Divergents is a great piece also.

Donny you are correct, and yes that is on the agenda as the corps opener for the first year.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Dale

My favorite Defenders song was "She's Not There". I believe that was played around 1981. *** kickin arrangement! :laugh:

Anyway, good luck with the corps, Dale!

Defenders Alumni Corps, and Boston winning the series. What more can you ask for?

Did you plan that, Dale? :-)