Ghost Riders 2008

I couldn't wait to get my "decibel level volume device" out after reading this ..... fyi, I was in the electronics business for 17 years of my career. I got the mellophone in F to play 3db louder than my G...... success ..... now I gotta get the tuner and see if I'm in the ballpark ..... NO, never was in Bergholtz Band ....... just St Johnsburg Fire Co Drum Corps ...... what a START !!!!! Doug-less / alias-PITA ..... oh Donny your so funny !!! :laugh:

Have you checked it against Donny's "Vibrometer" yet...? b**bs

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't wait to get my "decibel level volume device" out after reading this ..... fyi, I was in the electronics business for 17 years of my career. I got the mellophone in F to play 3db louder than my G...... success ..... now I gotta get the tuner and see if I'm in the ballpark ..... NO, never was in Bergholtz Band ....... just St Johnsburg Fire Co Drum Corps ...... what a START !!!!! Doug-less / alias-PITA ..... oh Donny your so funny !!! :laugh:

When Doug was a youngun...the Bergholz band was a youth band that was run by the best band director I know, Ed Payton! Ed was my junior high teacher and an amazing educator. Later, the Bergholz band became a German band and an award winning band as well.

St. Johnsburg Blue Sabres....Sledge's corps and the only corps I know that played "Stairway to Heaven" and Theme of Philadelphia, MFSB.

You Mean "SOUL TRAIN"...???

b**bs

When Doug was a youngun...the Bergholz band was a youth band that was run by the best band director I know, Ed Payton! Ed was my junior high teacher and an amazing educator. Later, the Bergholz band became a German band and an award winning band as well.

St. Johnsburg Blue Sabres....Sledge's corps and the only corps I know that played "Stairway to Heaven" and Theme of Philadelphia, MFSB.

When I was in St Johnsburg .... they weren't called the Blue Sabers. I started in 1959, they were a senior fire co dc with red shirts and yellow ties....yuk. The tunes @ that time were old favorites....Grand Old Flag ; Michigan Victors March ; Coast Guard ; Round and Round ; Limbo Rock ; ect ect. 3 of us including myself, pushed for new uni's. We then changed to a powder blue top/gold ascot/ & dark blue castopo hats. It was still a Sr corps. I stayed till 1964. The Sr corps folded for a couple years. It was revived as a JR corps by my Dad's closest friend Bob Schuster and his wife Midge both x-marines. Thus, the birth of the Blue Sabers ...... they kept the color the 3 of us started .....and dropped the glockenspiels..........THE HISTORY of St Johnsburg DC.....for anyone who cares. Doug

Doug, As a charter member of the "Ghost Riders" and a long time advocate of "real drum corps"I dissapointed to hear that another drum corps has taken the steps to becoming a TRUMPET BAND. The G and old C bugle was the one thing that always made our organizations unique as drun and bugle corps. Enough said about this but I wish you Doug and all my Ghost Rider friends the best of luck in the coming year and maybe I can get to hear you in the coming year Jerry

You Mean "SOUL TRAIN"...???

YES that's it!!! Did Sledge write that?

Doug, As a charter member of the "Ghost Riders" and a long time advocate of "real drum corps"I dissapointed to hear that another drum corps has taken the steps to becoming a TRUMPET BAND. The G and old C bugle was the one thing that always made our organizations unique as drun and bugle corps. Enough said about this but I wish you Doug and all my Ghost Rider friends the best of luck in the coming year and maybe I can get to hear you in the coming year Jerry

Kingsman..."real drum and bugle corps" didn't even have valves in the day. The key of the instrument DOESN'T MATTER! Is a real true trumpet only a Bb trumpet? NO

Key of G, or Bb, it's all good.

A lot of folks complained when we went to valve-rotory.

I bet most of you wouldn't be able to tell which were being played just by listening.

As a GR Alumnus, I wish you well in the future.

Benny

Ghostriders 97-04

2000 DCA Champions