The Hardest & Most Difficult Shows

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe anyone can judge the difficulty of a show unless they personally marched it. From off the field easy can look/sound difficult and difficult can look/sound easy.

This looks like a thinly veiled "My favorite shows" topic.

Hey why not it's fun.

I know a lot of people love 1996 Phantom, but it didn't seem to get any mention there, or any of the crown shows.

Not saying they were easy or anything. (That's kinda why I really say that much.)

This looks like a thinly veiled "My favorite shows" topic.

why? i didnt think anyone was responding that way.

pretty much everyone else has said cadets for 05 but i feel pretty definitively about bd and bluecoats shows being harder. anyone feel like comparing and justifying their choice? im curious.

192 bpm for the 3 minute opener....plus many older vets claim thats the hardest shows of the years they were there. i cant speak of it though

But the 3 hardest shows I've ever seen were all Cadets

1993, 1997, 1999 Cadets

These 3 aren't even on my top favorite shows.

Interesting... I've heard people say other corps have had "less difficult shows" out there, but I've never heard anyone say that about the Cadets.

Seems like they put out, or at least what seems to a lot of people, very challenging shows, regardless of what they do or how well they place.

I think the biggest reason is that there's probably no other corps that touches them in terms of consistency of fast shows. That doesn't always mean they're enjoyable or good shows, but its like their common formula. But I have to hand it to them, it's not like they're not playing while moving like that either, probably the most note crazy group at that tempo, holy, makes you wonder why they rehearse so much.

Edited by ZealJ03

192 bpm for the 3 minute opener....plus many older vets claim thats the hardest shows of the years they were there. i cant speak of it though

really? i had actually heard the exact opposite. weird. call paula and tell her to post, im sure her word will settle everything, haha.

ill have to revisit cadets 05 sometime, its been a while since i watched that show. maybe im just underestimating the difficulty because i felt like 03, 04, 06, and 07 were all harder shows than 05, and i had also previously given recognition to the difficulty of the other two shows from that year.

I feel like the guard book was a lot harder for Cadets 05 than it had been in a while... big difference between them and Bluecoats in that aspect.