The Hardest & Most Difficult Shows

lots of people forget, or don't consider other corps into this other than the top 7.

I don't know who all saw it this year, but musically I thought the Academy had the most difficult show. They played for 10 minutes of their show, nobody came even close to playing as much as them. Phantom played about 7 and a half minutes or so. Musically, The Academy had it the hardest, but drill-wise they had it quite a bit easier.

First off, no I did not march Academy.

But I think the difficulty of their show is that they play a lot of notes! I would bet if you counted each note per show they'd easily be the top. And 2006 was the same way, a lot of runs and such. While that is very difficult to clean that sometimes long chords are just as hard because you can't have any holes in the sound, something that Crown does real well. I would definitely put Academy's brass book up there, but due to the lack of impact chords I would put it around 7-8th.

Pat Sheraton and Sam Pilefian(?) wrote their book and from other arrangements I've heard they like to have a lot of notes and funkiness to it.

On that note, I thought either Cadets or Phantom had the most demand for this year. At parts Phantom blew away Cadets in demand, and at others Cadets blew away Phantom. Both great shows.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Nobody can deny that the pit and battery had lots of time by themselves. 7.5 minutes might not seem like a lot, but it is definitely the most any hornline played.

Well, i wouldnt say definitely...

(unless you want to recreate the insane study that someone did over the summer which analyzed total playing time, and playing-while-marching time.) It actually turned out to be really faulty anyway.