Madison Scouts Name 2008 Brass Staff

At least they're not calling themselves "Faculty" like some self-absorbed people do. :)

Actually, there are several good reasons for calling your instructors teachers (or faculty). Grants are easier to get if you have faculty!

They are just words, folks.

But I do agree that the NUMBER of instructors/teachers is going way up. When I was in BD, we had two instructors. Jack and Wayne. We did ok.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree with this statement.

IMHO, I feel that we as a corps are being set up to do tremendous things this year. I've been speaking with alot of guys that I marched with back in 06 that also march 07, and frankly, the type of year that 07 was was needed for this organization. The members from 07 are hungry. They want to improve soo much. It's no where near about the points, as it is just improving as 1 solid corps, and showing everyone that we're here and we're serious about it.

Like I said, we've been set up with a tremendous staff, and the grapevine says it's going to be an amazing show, we has members just have to work our tails off and push every single second of both the season AND off season.

Can't wait to see some of my brothers in 4 days!!!!

well said, bro. see you in a few

Actually, there are several good reasons for calling your instructors teachers (or faculty). Grants are easier to get if you have faculty!

They are just words, folks.

But I do agree that the NUMBER of instructors/teachers is going way up. When I was in BD, we had two instructors. Jack and Wayne. We did ok.

I agree ... and I agree.

Just words.

And I started a whole other topic about "what's different from when I marched" (1991-93) and it revolves a lot around the pure number of staff members after my Bluecoats announced their staff a while back.

As for Madison and this original topic ... while cracking last year's Top 7 is probably unlikely, making it back to Saturday night's Top 12 is a real possibility. BUT, Crossmen, Blue Stars, Academy, Spirit, Glassmen, et al aren't simply going to give it to Madison because they're "the Scouts" and they have some good (great?) names on their staff.

With as awesome as the Top 7 was last year and as great a race as there was for the last couple spots in Finals and even Semifinals, 2007 will go down as one of the most competitive years ever.

Here's hoping 2008 is just as great ... oh goodness, that rhymed -- sorry!!!

Edited by BlueR36

I agree ... and I agree.

Just words.

And I started a whole other topic about "what's different from when I marched" (1991-93) and it revolves a lot around the pure number of staff members after my Bluecoats announced their staff a while back.

As for Madison and this original topic ... while cracking last year's Top 7 is probably unlikely, making it back to Saturday night's Top 12 is a real possibility. BUT, Crossmen, Blue Stars, Academy, Spirit, Glassmen, et al aren't simply going to give it to Madison because they're "the Scouts" and they have some good (great?) names on their staff.

With as awesome as the Top 7 was last year and as great a race as there was for the last couple spots in Finals and even Semifinals, 2007 will go down as one of the most competitive years ever.

I agree ... and I agree.

Just words.

Some people choose not to be great. They play drum corps by their own terms and make great contributions. How much do you know about the people on this staff?

Is this Nick Williams different from the SCV brass caption head Nick Williams? Or did he leave Santa Clara for Madison?