Pioneer 2008 show announcement

Cmon now guys...why all of the hating here.

When I wrote the brass book in 2000, we did Brigadoon. That was a stretch but no one seemed to care as the corps was good enough to beat 5 corps and make semis. That is all we are trying to get back. A little pride and Possibly, only possibly the corps can grow from last season. Can the corps move up, only to be seen. The program? Better than last year by far.

Look... when it comes down to the choice of this show or MY FAIR LADY...I guess you know which way I leaned.

I also have a hard time dealing with individuals that hide behind cartoon characters as an avatar. You may know me and I may know you, but we will never know.

Donny

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokemon...go figure.

The origin of the Celts is really cool as they came from other parts of Europe and eventually settled in Northern France and then England.

It's easy to whine and complain about others when your hiding behind a screen name.

I find it peculiar as well that people complain about what others are doing, have absolutely no factual basis, other than saying they got this place or that place, yet have probably never warn a uniform or been out there having the amazing experiences.

Instead, the once again spout off their banter without looking up the facts.

It's really easy to say that you've studied a piece of music because your HS band butchered it and you heard a recording once. It's much different to know where the source material came from and actually have an opinion.

Hey OJ, if you want to have a pissing contest about where Pioneer's source material came from, i.e. the pieces they have listed, we can, but I must warn you, I do not play fair, and I will win.

Oh, and if you want to talk about titles and music not fitting, ok, here's a couple.

1. Cavaliers 1997-"The Firebird" with the opening bassoon solo from The Rite of Spring.

2. Glassmen 2003-Using October as Earth? Does that make sense to you?

Point is, they worked, because they fit the visual and musical program.

OJ, what's your beef with Pioneer anyway, get cut or something?

Oh, and someone gets upset or wonders, no, I did not march Pioneer, I just have respect for people and groups enough to give them a fair shake before I base an opinion on something, rather than using words that have no foundation.

Conduct not becoming an officer, Jenny <**>

Agreed- time for a court martial!

Its all good. I am used to the all-age forum and I usually hold my own over there, because everyone knows my background, therefore they realize I am trying to push the students where I am working.

Drillwatcher had many problems with Pioneer last summer, but whatever it is that bothers him or her so much doesnt bother me as much. Someone has to teach Pioneer, and I signed up.

I am not sure about Miss Jenny.

Neither of them show any credentials but tthat doesnt mean they dont have any...actually I think they do, they just dont like Pioneer or Roman for some reason. They are entitled to that I suppose.

Donny

I find it peculiar as well that people complain about what others are doing, have absolutely no factual basis, other than saying they got this place or that place, yet have probably never warn a uniform or been out there having the amazing experiences.

Instead, the once again spout off their banter without looking up the facts.

It's really easy to say that you've studied a piece of music because your HS band butchered it and you heard a recording once. It's much different to know where the source material came from and actually have an opinion.

Hey OJ, if you want to have a pissing contest about where Pioneer's source material came from, i.e. the pieces they have listed, we can, but I must warn you, I do not play fair, and I will win.

Oh, and if you want to talk about titles and music not fitting, ok, here's a couple.

1. Cavaliers 1997-"The Firebird" with the opening bassoon solo from The Rite of Spring.

2. Glassmen 2003-Using October as Earth? Does that make sense to you?

Point is, they worked, because they fit the visual and musical program.

OJ, what's your beef with Pioneer anyway, get cut or something?

Oh, and someone gets upset or wonders, no, I did not march Pioneer, I just have respect for people and groups enough to give them a fair shake before I base an opinion on something, rather than using words that have no foundation.

-It is a fact that Pioneer has been last or second to last often.

-Where are your facts? What is the difference between an English folk song and Celtic folk songs? Is there a difference? Can you show me a reputable source that discusses the correlation between Celtic culture and the musical works of Holst and Grainger? I'm waiting.

-Your examples of Cavies 1997 and Glassment 2003 are not the same thing. If I am going to design a show and say it reflects on a certain culture or group of people within a culture, I would probably want to include relevant repertoire. Example, I want to design a show about Italian opera and "reflect" upon it, but then I program French opera selections. Does this make sense? No. Are there similarities between French opera and Italian opera? Yes. Nevertheless, it does not make sense as it relates to the theme and stated purpose of the show.

-Finally, I'm not going to divulge my credentials on this joke of a forum, but I will tell you I have much more experience with Grainger and Holst than a high school bando.

-It is a fact that Pioneer has been last or second to last often.

you keep pointing this out like it's a complete negative in the activity.

what's better, providing a stable learning environment for kids to come back to every year regardless of placement?

or putting all your eggs in one basket gunning for a high position and folding soon after?