Pioneer 2008 show announcement

Pioneer Drum and Bugle corps and Color Guard from Milwaukee Wisconsin is proud to announce it's show for 2008 entitled "Celtic Reflections".

The music of Gustav Von Holst, Percy Grainger, and Sir William Walton will be a part of the musical and visual journey that reflects on Celtic culture and its music. In keeping with the ideals of the Pioneer corps, the music will be recognizable to drum corps fans, and the reflection of past great drum corps performances should be obvious as well.

Pioneer is also pleased to announce that Grammy award winning arranger Larry Kerchner will be penning the brass charts, and new to the visual design team are Drill Designer Jeff Wroblewski, and Guard designer Seth Pearson. They are excited over the many visual concepts available in the "reflections" theme.

The percussion arranger will be named in the next few days, and drum corps enthusiasts will recognize his accomplishments.

Musical selections will include (but not be limited to) "Holst Suite in Eb intermezzo and march" segments, "Harkstow Grange" from "Lincolnshire Posy" by Percy Aldridge Grainger, "The Celtic Symphony" from the Irish Band "The Wolfe Tones", and "Richard the III" and "Crown Imperial March" from Sir William Walton.

The creative and instructional staff are in agreement that this necessary step in design quality will contribute to what has begun as a resurgence in Pioneerland, with new equipment, new design staff and many returning staff and students from last year. Also returning from last years staff are Brass Caption Head Donny Allen and Percussion Caption Head Tyler Orbison.

In keeping with the Celtic Theme, Pioneer is proud to present a musical and visual product that will entertain the audience and have the necessary accountability from the judging community. This may even be "another drum corps fans dream", with references to the 27th Lancers and Star of Indiana past shows.

We hope you enjoy this years production, "Celtic Reflections".

"BETTER EVERY DAY"

Edited by donnymusic

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sweetness, suite in Eb!

Suite in Eb, good choice for the new Bb switch. Having played it, I feel there's a lot to be written.

So here I got

I'M A DIE HARD PIONEER FAN, no kidding.

So it's a little bit of a mix from 07... i heard the first 2 movements from Holst's Eb suite in the 07 show, which was well written. I was expecting something else, But this will do. Can't wait to see how they put these songs together.

"Harkstow Grange" from "Lincolnshire Posy" by Percy Aldridge Grainger,

:tic:

So here I got

I'M A DIE HARD PIONEER FAN, no kidding.

So it's a little bit of a mix from 07... i heard the first 2 movements from Holst's Eb suite in the 07 show, which was well written. I was expecting something else, But this will do. Can't wait to see how they put these songs together.

Hence the word "reflections"...LOL

...truthfully it is a much different arrangement in progress of the Holst, which last year only the intermezzo was used. The march parts are truly going to make this arrangement worth it. I trust Larry Kerchner. It will be a much different twist, I am pretty sure. His original arrangement last year never made the field. It was hacked up to a mere shell by the time I got there in June.

Donny