favorite drum corps uniforms

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Renegades. You just can't beat that pit! (Yes, that was an obvious S&M joke. Get over it.) But seriously. Renegades. Also, though I didn't care for the design, Teal Sound's blue looks amazing in the sunlight. Hopefully one day I'll get to see it under stadium lighting. Kingsmen at semis was a treat, nice old skool, with the guard in matching cadet jackets and shakos... and those boots!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In no particular order, and all are from the '70s:

Belleville Black Knights

Blue Rock

Bridgemen

Blue Devil Tuxedo

27th Lancers

Kilties

Kingsmen

Commodores

Blue Stars

Every one of these uniforms would make you (or at least me) look at least twice, maybe more (provided I was looking at the hot pants on the Blue Stars color guard).

Based on what I saw in the 70's and early 80's and in alphabetical order:

27th Lancers (tradition and innovation)

Belleville Black Knights (sharp and clean)

Blue Stars (shorts and the head gear was white to connect the corps)

Bridgemen (yellow and fun)

Kilties (lots of colour)

Kingsmen (a very lovely blue day and night)

Le Chatelaines de Laval (the magenta era with black plumes)

Santa Clara Vanguard (they seemed to float on the field)

Spirit of Atlanta (a lovely blue in sunlight)

I taught the Dutch Boy colour guard in 1975-1976. Which year when we speak of their colour guard? and no photos of that time. I have none. Please advise as to which year. Thank you.

There are a lot of creative uniforms worn by drum corps. What's your favorite? (this includes open class and corps that have folded too)

Mine has got to be the Mandarins. Nuff said.

I am an old lady, lived in the east for 20 and west for 30+. Do you have pictures of the Mandarins. I think a friend of mine taught Mandarins or was involved past or present. Nancy is her name. Please send photos and the year. Thanks.

Remembance day, shows me my roots and I am thankful of that. To remember at an old age is good. Lest we never forget. Lest we forget.

Edited by lindap

I wish I had a picture however 2001 Emerald Knights uniform just rocked

What, no love for our "Don Johnson" uniforms from 1986-88? :beer:

BD (76-94 minus 88 and 89)

Madison (the green one with the red sash - late 80's)

Crossmen (red/white cross with cape)

SCV when they have red tops and white pants

Freelancer / Boston cadet uni

I am sorry but didn't you guys mean Blue coats reuse of the Blue Devils unis. I could only tell the difference when they played. Couldn't resist. :P

Funny you mention this. When we had encores with Bluecoats this summer it looked like a LOT of Blue Devil horn players from down on the field.

I like the unique look of the dots on the older Blue Knights uniforms(don't know years).

Favorites would be Vanguard 97-01 and Blue Devils 04-05

I've never understood the people that can't tell Blue Devils, Blue Knights, and Bluecoats apart... I mean, sure, they all have blue jackets with black pants, but that's where the similarities end. They aren't even the same blue.

I've also never understood the "these days, all uniforms look the same, just different colors" camp... I've watched enough of the mid 70 videos lately to know that a bunch of corps either rocked a cadet jacket with virtually the same trim, or a satin blouse with an open collar and a diagonal stripe. All eras have exceptions, but it isn't any worse/better than it was then, in my opinion.

I like the unique look of the dots on the older Blue Knights uniforms(don't know years).

Winner.