favorite drum corps uniforms

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Of the BD unis, 91 is my favorite followed by 88. I'm in the minority, but I loved the Black and Grey.

Other corps include PR in Black and their Khaki unis with black sash looked sharp.

Suncoast and Black Knights were cool as well.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're absolutely right, 2ndSop. However, the Cavaliers don't look "small" because of their uniforms, it's just their approach to upper body stance. It's not a bad thing, it's just what they do.

I never said it was a bad thing. But without their horns, i still think their upper body looks small, but they're lower body seems really tall and skinny. reminds me of grasshoppers. i guess i'm just not a fan of the short jacket.

I never said it was a bad thing. But without their horns, i still think their upper body looks small, but they're lower body seems really tall and skinny. reminds me of grasshoppers. i guess i'm just not a fan of the short jacket.

it's perfect for visual impact from up top. ^OO^

Phantom in black.

90s BD and Scouts.

1999-2003 Southwind.

Pioneers new unis. Except the hats.

Ha Ha Ha (just the pick a fight which i have no intention of paying any attention to.) :P Bluecoats needed the change. Will Never be a fan of white pants unless the whole uniform is white.

I know you said you weren't going to pay any attention but I gotta disagree. Quite a few corps have managed to get by with the white pants/dark top combination:

SCV

Star

Cadets (OK, it's creme, but still)

Phantom

Suncoast Sound

Madison

Edited by skajerk

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Since everyone seems to be getting into this, I should probably say more than just "Mandarins" (all my listings are current '07 uniforms).

Favorites

Mandarins The jacket almost reminds me of a kimono, which I think is the point they're trying to make. Love the belt and the thin sleeves after the jacket sleeves end.

Spartans Helmets have never looked better, even with PR! The color scheme has a lot of appeal to me personally.

Troopers What can I say? I'm a fan of the western look, and they've proven it goes well with drum corps.

Least Favorites (not bashing any corps, everybody is awesome)

Blue Knights Looks too much like ours. I'm a recent rook-in, so I'm not sure who copied who.

Santa Clara Vanguard / Vanguard Cadets The aussies are the best in DCI, but the jackets just don't do it for me. Don't ask why, it's just an instinctive feeling I have.

Racine Scouts The colors of America don't look good on a uniform, I'm sorry. Also, the helmets just look WAY too small.

SCV. Thats the best uniform, I love how its only red with the white stripe, and completely red on the back, not red, the stripe, and then green. The green made it look not as flashy in my opinion.

BD. They've gotta uniform which looks really cool, and I like it better than the previous uniform.

Cavaliers. They've gotta uniform which really makes them look big and tall, and its still a great uniform, but its not my favorite.

Phantom Regiment. Didn't like it at first, but now I love it. Helmets, awesome, complete white with black stripe, its different.