1992 Cadets....WOW!

I had ordered a DVD copy of the '92 season from DCI a few days back and just watched it last night.

Cadets that year...To Tame the Perilous Skies...EXCELLENT!!!

I think that year, more than other I can remember, was such a mountain for the Cadets to climb...I saw that program just a month before and it was ROUGH...really ROUGH!

Then, in typical Cadets fashion, they come into Finals week and nail that show! I tell ya, I love the Cavies and I know that the crowd was pulling for them but you'll probably never convince me that the Cadets should not have won the title that year...but then again, what do I know???

And the mellos from that year....AWESOME!!!! Guard too! Drill too!!! Ok...the whole show was :tic:

-Lance

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmmmm. Great show. 1992 was just a great year all around, one of my favorites. Crossmen, Cavies, Cadets, Star, Vanguard, Regiment, Devs, Scouts, S-Dub...

I loved that show, but I actually like 91 even better. (Short Ride in a Fast Machine is one of my favorite pieces of "minimalist" music, and Prelude, Fugue and Riffs just knocks me over every time I hear it - on the field or in a concert hall.)

I know this may have been covered before, but who won high brass that year? Cavies had a rough hornline night on Finals. I LOVE Cavies 92, especially the music, but they were not stellar on Finals night.

I know this may have been covered before, but who won high brass that year? Cavies had a rough hornline night on Finals. I LOVE Cavies 92, especially the music, but they were not stellar on Finals night.

I believe Star won Brass that night.

I know this may have been covered before, but who won high brass that year? ...

19.7 Star of Indiana

19.5 Blue Devils

19.1 The Cavaliers

19.0 Cadets of Bergen County

18.9 Madison Scouts

If I remember right, wasn't Cadets fifth at Preview of Champions? It took awhile for the show to gel, but once it did, wow.

It took awhile for the show to gel, but once it did, wow.

I'd say so. I saw Cadets early season (June) in Pittsburgh. The show WAS rough, but they had no competition that night. (Dutch Boy was the best of the rest.)

At DCI North (Buffalo) in late July, Phantom Regiment beat Cadets. The next day in Pittsburgh, they tied. Phantom went on to finish 8th at Finals, Cadets 2nd.

That "Perilous Skies" show rescued Cadets in my eyes. I became an instant Garfield Cadets fan at my first DCI show in 1985. But, starting with the Copland/Sym #3 show, they quickly slipped onto my "hotdog" corps list (if I'd had one). However, between the ho-hum "ABC's of Modern Music" and the "Big Apple" shows, they were consistently one of my two or three favorites every year. Those years (92-98) were the golden age of Cadets' shows for me, and "Perilous Skies" kicked it all off.