Changing Corps

Hey all -

What're your views on kids changing corps? How about when staff members pressure kids into coming back? I realize its their job to field the best line they can, but making a performers already complicated decision as to where to march even harder? There are so many factors that go into such decisions....

Annnnnd discuss

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to say this... if you don't believe a kid should change corps (or you just support loyalty) then don't say kids that get cut from the corps they WANT to march should go march somewhere else... that just doesn't make sense with your logic.

Drum corps expands your capabilities as a human being. Shows you how to work as a team , your perfection , your goal orientated work , how to relate to others , and to perform.

It does not matter what score your corps get or what place it comes in. What matters is your participation , your devotion , your continued excellence.

CHEZ

Drum corps expands your capabilities as a human being. Shows you how to work as a team , your perfection , your goal orientated work , how to relate to others , and to perform.

It does not matter what score your corps get or what place it comes in. What matters is your participation , your devotion , your continued excellence.

CHEZ

That sums it up right there. :blink:

CHEZ

Which doesn't necessarily mean you have to stay with one corps your entire drum corps career, you can still change corps and strive to grow as a person just as much :)

I do however question people who have marched many different corps (like 1 year here, 1 year there, another there, and age out yet another...) I just don't understand that...

CHEZ

Totally agree. BUT... there's nothing wrong with some friendly competition.

Totally agree. BUT... there's nothing wrong with some friendly competition.

Yeah, competition does add more motivation. Not to say it should be an individual's sole motivation, but adding motivation to motivation that's already there is even more motivating. Yeah :P

Yeah, competition does add more motivation. Not to say it should be an individual's sole motivation, but adding motivation to motivation that's already there is even more motivating. Yeah :P

Motivating motivation motivates the motivator motivationally in a motivational way.

I went to a different corps after 2 years with another.

The first corps I joined with other friends who were rookies with me, the other I went to on my own without knowing anyone. That was the hardest part. Going somewhere where NOBODY knew me. I also think that it is the 'family' aspect that keeps so many people in the corps they love.

I love them both the same. I do not regret my decision.

Bluecoats 07 was awesome.