Hawthorne Caballeros Present!

Hawthorne Caballeros Announce Music Selections for 2008

The 2008 Hawthorne Caballeros will proudly present the powerful and beautiful music of Chick Corea and Ernesto Lecuona.

The show will begin with the music of Chick Corea, one of the most prolific composers of the second half of the 20th Century. Selections include Spain, Spanish Fantasy and My Spanish Heart. The show will end with Malaguena, written by Ernesto Lecuonia, composer and performer and perhaps the greatest and most legendary Cuban musician of his time.

The music, design and inspiration of the Caballeros 2008 presentation will include the magical blend of the Caballeros that will result in a performance that will excite members, fans and all lovers of Drum Corps.

The Hawthorne Caballeros, sponsored by American Legion Post #199 in Hawthorne, are in their 62nd season of competition and have amassed a remarkable host of records. They have won the DCA World Championship 9 times, the American Legion National Title 16 times, the National Dream Contest 17 times, and the New Jersey State American Legion Title 43 times. They have completed 5 undefeated seasons, consecutively in 1984 and 1985. In 1989, during DCA's 25th Anniversary season, fans voted the Caballeros their favorite Senior Drum and Bugle Corps of all time.

For information visit our website: www.cabs.org. The Hawthorne Caballeros will begin our 62nd season of competition with our 2008 Open House. Join us on November 25th, 2007 at 12:00 noon at American Legion Post #199, 1 Legion Place, Hawthorne, NJ. To receive an email about our 2008 open house or to get additional information on membership contact Mike Ryan by phone (973) 709-0500 ext. 1532 - or email Mike at cabscontra@aol.com.

Edited by sophillycab

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BEST... SHOW... EVER!

Been waiting for this announcement for a LONG time!

This is one of my dreams come true; the other being playing Hill Where the Lord Hides and Echano.

But Spanish Fantasy and Malaguena in the same show will suffice. More than suffice. I can't wait to see you all! Where and when do you ask? Say it with me: American Legion Post 199 at 1 Legion Place in Hawthorne, NJ at 12 noon. :D

Time to go listen to 1995. :lol:

This is one of my dreams come true; the other being playing Hill Where the Lord Hides and Echano.

But Spanish Fantasy and Malaguena in the same show will suffice. More than suffice. I can't wait to see you all! Where and when do you ask? Say it with me: American Legion Post 199 at 1 Legion Place in Hawthorne, NJ at 12 noon. :D

Time to go listen to 1995. :lol:

This is my dream show too...

Dreams of Spain... how's that for a title?!?!

BE THERE!!!

We are taking over under bets on how many babies will be thrown during the 2008 season.

I think it can be said that this show will be done CABALLEROS STYLE (sorry Empire) I just needed to use the phase this one time.

All screamer Trumpet / Soprano welcome, if you can’t get up to wrap your lips around this book than nothing will.

Don’t mean to forget my baritone buddies can you say Malaguena.

If I were 30 again.

OH

MY