Hawthorne Caballeros Present!

437,863,648,952,128 nanoseconds!

Kule - Thanks man !

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, perhaps it will be done in a way that is fresh and new and never tried before. But as someone else said (including myself) there IS other music of that flavor that could be used and I would love to see the Cabs continue to explore said music rather than digging back into the past.

It almost smacks of "well, that didn't work, lets bring back the stuff that did!" At some point even the olds stuff won't work. Again, good luck, see ya in Rochester!

RM - :blink:

ampssuck

Like I said, perhaps it will be done in a way that is fresh and new and never tried before. But as someone else said (including myself) there IS other music of that flavor that could be used and I would love to see the Cabs continue to explore said music rather than digging back into the past.

It almost smacks of "well, that didn't work, lets bring back the stuff that did!" At some point even the olds stuff won't work. Again, good luck, see ya in Rochester!

RM - :blink:

ampssuck

amen brother. i totaly agree. i guess thats what i was trying to say.

I knew you'd be lost without me, so I had to give an update. Anyone requiring a nanosecond update, feel free to see me. If you prefer the standard day countdown, see Mike Ryan :P

5 Days

Can't please everybody

But this show has me driving over 3 hours to come to rehersal so it definitely pleases me!

Find out for yourself, SUNDAY!!!

Good for you, Buff.

When I read this announcement last week, my first thought was "What a great year to be a Caballero!" If there were ever a year for me to wear the bolero hat and kick-pleats, this would be it. But, alas, marching DCA is not on my agenda for 2008. Responsibility for raising the best possible twin babies takes precedence.

Good luck, Cabs!

WHEN ARE THE CABS GONNA PLAY SOMETHING NEW??? maybe it's time for a name change or something :blink:

Anyone that knows me personally, knows how much I love my beloved Caballeros. Knows also that I am not a mean spirited or hateful person, but am very passionate about the drum corps activity and my friends. That being said, if this sounds a little annoyed, well, it's because I am. And I will only apologize to my fellow Caballeros, past, present, and future. Forgive me, but I feel too strongly about this.

I think my brethren have covered this well, but...

I know personally, that I have waited/wanted to play the musical selections of 2008 since 1995 when I was with the Orange & Blue team.

It's also been my personal experience that if people attack or flame another team it's usually out of jealousy. They have no idea why, but they bash anyway. This is a VERY personal experience and I KNOW what I speak of. Not me bashing, but wondering why those around me did bash, coming to realize they were jealous and unhappy they could not have the success of the team they were bashing.

I think John Smith (CabsAlumniDrummer) said it the best the Caballeros are steeped in a great tradition and have absolutely NOTHING to be ashamed of, or justify ANYTHING to ANYONE.

I love people that have convictions. Caballeros have them, too, and will not roll over and die. Our voice will be heard on the field, as that's where we let our actions do the talking.

I hope everyone comes to a show this season and makes their own decision about "same old ####", then come and talk to anyone of us about it over a beer in the parking lot.

See you at the Post on Sunday November 25th for the Open House. I will be the short mellophone player standing between Josh Katz and a vet tuba player to be named on Sunday.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving. Gobble Gobble.

VIVA LA HAWTHORNE!!

CABALLERO PRIDE!!