Florida's Newest All Age Drum and Bugle Corps

We are happy to announce the Sun Devils All Age Drum and Bugle Corps from Sarasota, Florida.

After several meetings and phone calls, it was decided that drum and bugle corps is still alive in the State of Florida. I am very excited at what has been happening in the past 2 weeks to make this dream a reality.

I guess what was really the best part is the cooperation and communication with everyone involved as well as the positive feeling we all received throughout the conversations and meetings.

Information for the Open House and rehearsals will be posted on the corps web site as well as staff and management positions.

Stay tuned.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are happy to announce the Sun Devils All Age Drum and Bugle Corps from Sarasota, Florida.

After several meetings and phone calls, it was decided that drum and bugle corps is still alive in the State of Florida. I am very excited at what has been happening in the past 2 weeks to make this dream a reality.

I guess what was really the best part is the cooperation and communication with everyone involved as well as the positive feeling we all received throughout the conversations and meetings.

Information for the Open House and rehearsals will be posted on the corps web site as well as staff and management positions.

Stay tuned.

very cool dude!!! sarasota will now be on the map. i'm 70 miles south. i can't march but i'll come and see some rehearsals if i feel well enough. any ideas on staff as of yet? the sun devils. thats the name of a college football team in arizona. keith youve just scored a touchdown. ^OO^

Stay tuned.

:) This is VERY exciting!!! A start of a new organization in Florida for ALL-AGES to enjoy!!!

The Sun Devils are going to be a competitive unit in 2008, with plans to finish the summer in Rochester, N.Y. At the DCA Championships. A lot of details will be hammered out in the next month to get this new venture moving full speed ahead.

It is our belief and expectation to produce a corps that has Excellence and Entertainment in performance. As well as being a social activity.

There is something special about being a Charter Member of an organization......

I'm proud to be part of the Rise of a New Drum Corps here in Florida!!!! I'm too excited to go to sleep...

John Hoekstra

Sun Devils Team Coordinator

I am VERY EXCITED about this new drum corps opportunity in Florida! This looks like the start of something FANSTASTIC! The web page will be updated within the next couple of days with open house information.

I am proud to be a part of this new organization. Like John said, it's not everyday that you can call yourself a charter member.

Go SUN DEVILS '08 ^0^

On behalf of the Teal Sound, Good luck Keith and all those involved with the new corps. We look forward to performing with you guys in the future.

On behalf of the Teal Sound, Good luck Keith and all those involved with the new corps. We look forward to performing with you guys in the future.

Thanks! All of the credit goes to the entire team that has been feverishly putting this together.

If you want to be a charter member, now is the time!