NORTHEAST INDEPENDENT!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on if their movement is better?

• 2 weeks later...

It's not that their movement was ever bad, if you look at recaps, they had a decent score in movement in prelims, then suddenly dropped to 11th in finals? How can they get 1 in equipment execution, score consistently around 3 and 4 in everything else, then get dropped to 11 in movement? Rumor has it the judge apologized and her job was put on review... not even by Northeast... it was someone on the West Coast that made the move.

It's not that their movement was ever bad, if you look at recaps, they had a decent score in movement in prelims, then suddenly dropped to 11th in finals? How can they get 1 in equipment execution, score consistently around 3 and 4 in everything else, then get dropped to 11 in movement? Rumor has it the judge apologized and her job was put on review... not even by Northeast... it was someone on the West Coast that made the move.

Highly Doubtful that any of this happened. I love NEI...but she most definitely got it right. It wasn't their execution where they got dinged, but it was their vocab. Anyone with a Dance background saw this a mile away, and probably would have rallied for a lower execution score. Hopefully, they can take utilize a more contemporary dance style to combat their rigid upper bodies. . .it's getting better, but they were placed correctly in movement last year. Sorry. :innocent:

I certainly hope that she did not take any heat for her adjudicating...b/c it was pretty good from top to bottom.

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

Highly Doubtful that any of this happened. I love NEI...but she most definitely got it right. It wasn't their execution where they got dinged, but it was their vocab. Anyone with a Dance background saw this a mile away, and probably would have rallied for a lower execution score. Hopefully, they can take utilize a more contemporary dance style to combat their rigid upper bodies. . .it's getting better, but they were placed correctly in movement last year. Sorry. :innocent:

I certainly hope that she did not take any heat for her adjudicating...b/c it was pretty good from top to bottom.

And I assume you are a trained professional? As for the movement judge....she was completely out of line with the entire movement caption....including herself....during the course of the year. Her prior evaluations where very positive and did not reflect the number she gave at finals. And for the record, she did admit her evaluation was incorrect in the off season. At any rate, both the judge and the NEI staff are good people with great track records. All will be well....as long as whatever creative decisions are made meet your stylistic choices.

And I assume you are a trained professional? As for the movement judge....she was completely out of line with the entire movement caption....including herself....during the course of the year. Her prior evaluations where very positive and did not reflect the number she gave at finals. And for the record, she did admit her evaluation was incorrect in the off season. At any rate, both the judge and the NEI staff are good people with great track records. All will be well....as long as whatever creative decisions are made meet your stylistic choices.

Actually, I am. . .and once you remove the chip and move on, you'll see her movement scores were accurate. I would hope that all would be well if you're happy with what you've accomplised, moreso than pleasing a panel.

For the record, NEI's movement: vocab book and technique was nowhere near top 5 last year. . .complain all you want about the judging, she got it right. Please see my previous post for help on how they can correct that. . .in the most beneficial and straight forward way.

:innocent: Tah. . .

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay