Wow, Oregon Crusaders had a great kickoff

The Oregon Crusaders had a great turnout at orientation and even learned some of their show (in mid-November!). Wow, things are really exciting in Portland!

There 's a video online from Saturday's kickoff: www.oregoncrusaders.org. Congrats to Todd Zimbelman and staff for adding to OC's momentum!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, seems like it went great!

I personally went to the Cascades audition. But it's great to see that the Crusaders are off to a great start this year! It was a pity both of the major Northwest corps had to schedule their auditions on the same day.

GO OC!

I hope that by letting this cat out of its bag, the previous posters have not put themself's in some kind of horrible jeopardy. I have heard rumors that the Crusaders have possibly contracted with Blackwater security services to keep a secure parameter around there rehearsal facilities and that their counter intelligence officers are on orders to snuff out anyone whom breaches the confidentiality agreement that all must sign before entering there secured rehearsal zone. My information comes from an informant deep inside the Crusaders origination. I know that by posting this I am putting my informant in a very dangerous position, but they have assured me there is no way they will figure out whom it is. Just in case things get ugly, he’s prepared to go underground.

The turnout for the first rehearsal was considerably more than expected. More brass, more drums and more color guard. There 2008 Show inner connections, which are still in its infancy, have been rumored to be so intense that it has caused paranormal exchanges that have stirred the interest of the U.S. State Department. My informant has reason to believe that other drum corps has been planting spies posing at rookie members hoping to infiltrate the corps inner circle. They tried this in 2004, but were unsuccessful when the Crusaders went underground, only to surface as division III champions in Denver.

I don’t believe that the corps has been this strong in the pre-season pre-Christmas recruitment time. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities of the Crusaders this year. I’m not sure if I will be able to stay informed requarding their progress, since they undoubtedly will discover and shut down my sources. They already have blocked out all information regarding next rehearsal location.

Your off to a great start

GO O.C.

I hope that by letting this cat out of its bag, the previous posters have not put themself's in some kind of horrible jeopardy. I have heard rumors that the Crusaders have possibly contracted with Blackwater security services to keep a secure parameter around there rehearsal facilities and that their counter intelligence officers are on orders to snuff out anyone whom breaches the confidentiality agreement that all must sign before entering there secured rehearsal zone. My information comes from an informant deep inside the Crusaders origination. I know that by posting this I am putting my informant in a very dangerous position, but they have assured me there is no way they will figure out whom it is. Just in case things get ugly, he’s prepared to go underground.

The turnout for the first rehearsal was considerably more than expected. More brass, more drums and more color guard. There 2008 Show inner connections, which are still in its infancy, have been rumored to be so intense that it has caused paranormal exchanges that have stirred the interest of the U.S. State Department. My informant has reason to believe that other drum corps has been planting spies posing at rookie members hoping to infiltrate the corps inner circle. They tried this in 2004, but were unsuccessful when the Crusaders went underground, only to surface as division III champions in Denver.

I don’t believe that the corps has been this strong in the pre-season pre-Christmas recruitment time. I’m pretty excited about the possibilities of the Crusaders this year. I’m not sure if I will be able to stay informed requarding their progress, since they undoubtedly will discover and shut down my sources. They already have blocked out all information regarding next rehearsal location.

Your off to a great start

GO O.C.

Bruce never fails to amaze me :bluedevil:

Last year I was one of 30 people who showed up at Southridge HS for auditions.

This year I was one of 110. I cannot even express my excitement and anticipation.

that really is fantastic. Even with the 150 member increase, smaller corps are still finding members to increase their corps sizes.

I can't wait to see OC this season... keep up the good work.

~>conner

Bruce never fails to amaze me :bluedevil:

Carl, what’s amazing is the amount of hidden messages contained in the video footage of their November 17th camp rehearsal posted on their website. After talking to my informant, my stomach is a little tweaked with tension. I can’t believe that they have begun covert operations so early in the season. My informant also used an anonymous cell phone number to reach me and called from a remote location far from the established Crusader zone. I received the call while shopping at a local department store and felt like an Asian man was following me possibly from South Vietnam. When I ended the phone conversation, the man mysteriously disappeared.

A couple of things in the video stand out. If you notice that the video starts of with the number 43, masked at a count down sequence. The standard countdown is 4-3-2-1 not just 4-3. There is also the letter CCFF, which is probably indicates some kind of clue as to the importance of the number 43. If you save the video on your computer and isolate some of the images and zoom in, you will find all sorts of interesting messages. I’m really not comfortable with the message printed on the drum majors t-shirt, and won’t share it on this forum. I will leave that up to those whom are interested to discover that on their own. I will also note that the drum majors face is never revealed in the video. I also notice that when they feature a picture of the six tubas, all but one has a protective sheath on their bell. Five out of six, or 56. I have not had a chance to really analyze the video, but so far, what I’ve seen has the hairs on the back of my neck sticking straight up.

Look at the video for yourself. There is a reason why none of the brass players move in any part of the video. Ask yourself why. Why do they only show 13 of the color guard? Am I a little paranoid, or am I paranoid like a fox? I can’t reveal my hand this early, but you can bet your Texas Hold Em that this years Crusaders are off to an amazing start.

Carl, what’s amazing is the amount of hidden messages contained in the video footage of their November 17th camp rehearsal posted on their website. After talking to my informant, my stomach is a little tweaked with tension. I can’t believe that they have begun covert operations so early in the season. My informant also used an anonymous cell phone number to reach me and called from a remote location far from the established Crusader zone. I received the call while shopping at a local department store and felt like an Asian man was following me possibly from South Vietnam. When I ended the phone conversation, the man mysteriously disappeared.

A couple of things in the video stand out. If you notice that the video starts of with the number 43, masked at a count down sequence. The standard countdown is 4-3-2-1 not just 4-3. There is also the letter CCFF, which is probably indicates some kind of clue as to the importance of the number 43. If you save the video on your computer and isolate some of the images and zoom in, you will find all sorts of interesting messages. I’m really not comfortable with the message printed on the drum majors t-shirt, and won’t share it on this forum. I will leave that up to those whom are interested to discover that on their own. I will also note that the drum majors face is never revealed in the video. I also notice that when they feature a picture of the six tubas, all but one has a protective sheath on their bell. Five out of six, or 56. I have not had a chance to really analyze the video, but so far, what I’ve seen has the hairs on the back of my neck sticking straight up.

Look at the video for yourself. There is a reason why none of the brass players move in any part of the video. Ask yourself why. Why do they only show 13 of the color guard? Am I a little paranoid, or am I paranoid like a fox? I can’t reveal my hand this early, but you can bet your Texas Hold Em that this years Crusaders are off to an amazing start.

Ha! He does it again!

Oh, wow!

Glad to hear you guys are doing so good!

I hope to see you on the field this summer!

Earlier today I receive an email from a DCP reader that I have never met before. He felt that my information was suspect and the Crusaders should pull me out of the shadows and expose as a trader. He assured me that he also has connections with the corps and in fact marched with the corps in the past, and then went on to threaten to me with what amounts to an inappropriate use of plumage. Can’t repeat their exact words, since this a family friendly forum, but I’ve been around the block enough to know how to properly use a plume and know that plumes just don’t go there. I might also add that the screen name that this individual gave is nowhere to be found on DCP. I suspect that this is just a drum corps counter intelligence drone trying to set me off in the wrong direction, fearing that I’m too close to the truth.

My intentions are not to harm the Crusaders or reveal their closely guarded competitive secrets. They are my home team and I wish them to crush their competitors with a fury the likes we have never seen in the drum corps world. The fact of the matter is that I really can’t reveal my intentions due my agreements with the National Competitive Plumage Alliance of North America, including Idaho. The N.C.P.A is in the process of finalizing deals with several completive marching units and to lie my cards on the table at this point would be dangerous. The hostile mailer knew that and tried to draw me in with a jab at my plumage passion. Unfortunately with international trade agreements and child labor laws, representing the marketing of completive plumage products is a dangerous occupation.

I hope that this message has met its intended target and there is not a need for the cryptic email messages to continue.

The Oregon Crusaders are off to an awesome start and I hope they keep up the momentum all the way the end.