Wow, Oregon Crusaders had a great kickoff

Dude, seriously. I don’t know where you get your information, but I’m with ampfan, your getting played with. None of the things you are worried about are really true. They are just playing with you. There is no drum corps underground.

:doh::doh::worthy::worthy:

Oh wow this is amusing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oregon Crusaders had a great turnout at orientation and even learned some of their show (in mid-November!). Wow, things are really exciting in Portland!

There 's a video online from Saturday's kickoff: www.oregoncrusaders.org. Congrats to Todd Zimbelman and staff for adding to OC's momentum!

Very cool! I think it's going to be an exciting year for Open Class!

Dude, seriously. I don’t know where you get your information, but I’m with ampfan, your getting played with. None of the things you are worried about are really true. They are just playing with you. There is no drum corps underground.

Mr. Fishy: I know that you don’t believe the things that I am warning you about, but that is understandable. Counter intelligence operations are supposed to be that way. The Crusaders show last year was entitled Gates. The show featured gates placed on the field. Ask your self this question. What the hell where those gates suppose to do? They didn’t move. They were just there, but they did have a purpose. I can’t tell you what the purpose was, but you can bet your inspector gadget that they had a purpose.

A couple of seasons back, Yomato had a show they called ‘Street Scenes’. The show featured a segment where the color guard carried brief cases. During a very busy part of the show, one of the guard would switch one of their brief cases with one of the brief cases that judges routinely leave next to the judges table. This was done with a little slight of hand and a deflection on the field. The judges never noticed because they would switch back the brief cases when they passed by the stands on their way off the field. During the show, the brief case was given to one of the base drummers whom had a copy machine hidden inside his drum. All the paper work in the brief case was copied before the show was completed. The valuable information contained in the judges brief case, was then sold on the drum corps black market. Corps used this illegally obtained information to fine tune their shows, or blackmail the judges, depending on what information was obtained. This operation was discovered by the end of the season and as you can see, Yomato has not competed in the United States since.

Just something for you to think about, Mr. Fishy. You won't have to worrie about what goes on behind the scenes to enjoy the Oregon Crusaders show in the 2008 season. It's going to be awsome.

Edited by argonaut

I am soooooo excited for this year! We are going to rock the competiton! :P

~Arryn

Mr. Fishy: I know that you don’t believe the things that I am warning you about, but that is understandable. Counter intelligence operations are supposed to be that way. The Crusaders show last year was entitled Gates. The show featured gates placed on the field. Ask your self this question. What the hell where those gates suppose to do? They didn’t move. They were just there, but they did have a purpose. I can’t tell you what the purpose was, but you can bet your inspector gadget that they had a purpose.

A couple of seasons back, Yomato had a show they called ‘Street Scenes’. The show featured a segment where the color guard carried brief cases. During a very busy part of the show, one of the guard would switch one of their brief cases with one of the brief cases that judges routinely leave next to the judges table. This was done with a little slight of hand and a deflection on the field. The judges never noticed because they would switch back the brief cases when they passed by the stands on their way off the field. During the show, the brief case was given to one of the base drummers whom had a copy machine hidden inside his drum. All the paper work in the brief case was copied before the show was completed. The valuable information contained in the judges brief case, was then sold on the drum corps black market. Corps used this illegally obtained information to fine tune their shows, or blackmail the judges, depending on what information was obtained. This operation was discovered by the end of the season and as you can see, Yomato has not competed in the United States since.

Just something for you to think about, Mr. Fishy. You won't have to worrie about what goes on behind the scenes to enjoy the Oregon Crusaders show in the 2008 season. It's going to be awsome.

I'm sorry that I'm not buying your story. I'm just a drum corps fan and will hopefully be able to see some shows this year. I saw the Oregon Crusaders last year and thought that they were good. I think you should just relax and enjoy the shows for what they are worth and not try to dream up crazy stories. Do you really think that a drum corps would carry a copy machine in their bass drum?

The better question is what corps does NOT carry a copy machine in their bass drum?

Both corps I marched carried them.

Luxury! We only had ditto basses when I marched!

Garry in Vegas

I'm sorry that I'm not buying your story. I'm just a drum corps fan and will hopefully be able to see some shows this year. I saw the Oregon Crusaders last year and thought that they were good. I think you should just relax and enjoy the shows for what they are worth and not try to dream up crazy stories. Do you really think that a drum corps would carry a copy machine in their bass drum?

Most corps use digital cameras now, and the gathering of counter intelligence, during performances, is generally carried out by the colorguard.

Fishy, your better off not thinking or knowing about these underground activities. You are much safer, but are more likely to be unknowingly used for their purposes. I can assure you that it is against the policy of the Oregon Crusaders to use non-members in counter intelligence activities. I might note that if you inquire about these policies, they will deny that they have such a policy and scoff at the mention of drum corps espionage.

I hope you enjoy the 2008 season

Most corps use digital cameras now, and the gathering of counter intelligence, during performances, is generally carried out by the colorguard.

Fishy, your better off not thinking or knowing about these underground activities. You are much safer, but are more likely to be unknowingly used for their purposes. I can assure you that it is against the policy of the Oregon Crusaders to use non-members in counter intelligence activities. I might note that if you inquire about these policies, they will deny that they have such a policy and scoff at the mention of drum corps espionage.

I hope you enjoy the 2008 season

I don’t know where you get your iformation, but I have a feeling people are playing games with you. I doubt that I can convence you otherwise, so lets just let it go. It’s only drum corps. :cool: