Bluecoats' 2008 Show to Glamorize Violence (IMHO)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bluecoats website introduces the show title for 2008 as "The Knockout" and indicates the concept will be about boxing.

Why does a youth activity glamorize a violent sport?

Just so I understand, did you equally object to Bluecoats exploring the seedy underworld in “Criminal” or is it okay to do a show based on those who break the law as long as the show doesn’t depict the act of violence? In retrospect, perhaps the Bluecoats shouldn’t have ever begun to explore the inner-city with “Urban Dances”; this might explain their obsession with glamorizing violence. One can only imagine what they might come up with for 2009… maybe a hip-hop/rap-based show that depicts drive-by shootings! :ph34r:

Because boxing is a cool sport. No normal person is stupid enough to go knock out their friends after watching the Bluecoats play a show about boxing. Getting away from drum corps, I don't see why people think that human beings are supposed to be above violence. It's not like we're the only animals that fight each other. I mean, crazy stuff like murder and torture is one thing, but fighting? Give me break.

It's been the funniest thing reading as so many of you get your undies in a knot. If this announcement had come out from The Cadets, someone would have made the same comments I did and there would be dozens of people writing in agreeing. But because it is written about the Bluecoats, it's blasphamy. Get the point?

You defend the corps you want to defend no matter what they do and you criticize the corps you don't like (or the corps whose directors you don't like) no matter how good the deed they do. There was more negative reaction to the possibility that The Cadets would play the Elergy than there EVER will be about the Bluecoats show concept.

Something is very wrong with this planet we call DCP!!!

It's been the funniest thing reading as so many of you get your undies in a knot. If this announcement had come out from The Cadets, someone would have made the same comments I did and there would be dozens of people writing in agreeing. But because it is written about the Bluecoats, it's blasphamy. Get the point?

You defend the corps you want to defend no matter what they do and you criticize the corps you don't like (or the corps whose directors you don't like) no matter how good the deed they do. There was more negative reaction to the possibility that The Cadets would play the Elergy than there EVER will be about the Bluecoats show concept.

that's what I call an ASSumption

Actually, I think you'd be getting the same response about how stupid this thread (i.e. the original post) is.

Edited by skajerk

Dear Santa....

I want a new crystal ball for Christmas

My old one doesn't read peoples minds for ####!!

ahhhhhhh.... the off-season..

pass the popcorn! I want to get a good seat!

:ph34r:

I don't even like the bluecoats, I just think what you're saying is dumb. IMHO

I don't want to beat the dead horse and call the OP an idiot, so I wont. It doesn't mean I'm not thinking it though.

Cavies did 007 in 04. That glamorized womanizing, violence, etc.

92 VK had a machine gun on the field for goodness sake. Everybody freekin loves that show.

It is you who don't need to get your undies in a bunch.

I'm going to go watch Rocky now.