Bluecoats' 2008 Show to Glamorize Violence (IMHO)

Jeez, and a few months ago someone complained that Cadets "I Believe" show was pro-abortion because the words "pro-choice" were in the write up.

Heh, just searched and see corps using rifles was also seen as insensitive because of school shootings.

How was the BDs Godfather show missed then???

OK, someone has to say it..... Use of amps glamourizes the depletion of natural resources because electricity has to be generated for the amps to work.... :ph34r::ph34r:

Actually, the words were "I believe in choice," not "pro-choice." It was more like believing in making choices in one's life like what to do for a career based on one's personal desires for happiness.

And to follow up on your depletion of natural resouces argument; DCP is inherently bad because it takes electricity to run our computers and some of that electricity is from coal powered generating stations, while some is from nuclear powered plants. Until all DCP members' computers are powered by wind or solar power, I say we burn this dump down. Torches will be handed out at 7:00 pm CST at the DCI office. Be there or miss your opportunity to make a statement in defense of the OTHER planet. Oh, wait...the torches would contribute to greenhouse gases. Okay, new plan: Everybody hook their computers up to exercycle flywheels. We can make this thing work. I don't want to be responsible for Miami disappearing under ten feet of ocean.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been the funniest thing reading as so many of you get your undies in a knot. If this announcement had come out from The Cadets, someone would have made the same comments I did and there would be dozens of people writing in agreeing. But because it is written about the Bluecoats, it's blasphamy. Get the point?

You defend the corps you want to defend no matter what they do and you criticize the corps you don't like (or the corps whose directors you don't like) no matter how good the deed they do. There was more negative reaction to the possibility that The Cadets would play the Elergy than there EVER will be about the Bluecoats show concept.

Something is very wrong with this planet we call DCP!!!

No, something's wrong with you.

It's been the funniest thing reading as so many of you get your undies in a knot. If this announcement had come out from The Cadets, someone would have made the same comments I did and there would be dozens of people writing in agreeing. But because it is written about the Bluecoats, it's blasphamy. Get the point?

You defend the corps you want to defend no matter what they do and you criticize the corps you don't like (or the corps whose directors you don't like) no matter how good the deed they do. There was more negative reaction to the possibility that The Cadets would play the Elergy than there EVER will be about the Bluecoats show concept.

Something is very wrong with this planet we call DCP!!!

OK Marsha...you are officially out of bounds. Go to your corner...NOW. You are being stupid and I'm the owner of stupid on DCP. I grant the stupid licenses because I pride myself on being the most stupid poster on DCP. I will not tolerate any competition for this title and your recent thread has come to my attention.

I am asking you to cease and desist immediately until an official DCP investigation has taken place. At that time, you will be given notice as to whether you are going to be issued a provisional stupidity license. This 90-day provisional license cannot be renewed, however, a permanent license may be issued in it's stead should these acts continue.

That is all.

The Manager of All Things Stupid and Idiotic. (MATSI)

Actually, the words were "I believe in choice," not "pro-choice." It was more like believing in making choices in one's life like what to do for a career based on one's personal desires for happiness.

Understand what the Cadets meaning was but someone read "choice" and (mis)translated it as "pro-choice". Think that thread was deleted as it got more and more bizarre.

And to follow up on your depletion of natural resouces argument; DCP is inherently bad because it takes electricity to run our computers and some of that electricity is from coal powered generating stations, while some is from nuclear powered plants. Until all DCP members' computers are powered by wind or solar power, I say we burn this dump down. Torches will be handed out at 7:00 pm CST at the DCI office. Be there or miss your opportunity to make a statement in defense of the OTHER planet. Oh, wait...the torches would contribute to greenhouse gases. Okay, new plan: Everybody hook their computers up to exercycle flywheels. We can make this thing work. I don't want to be responsible for Miami disappearing under ten feet of ocean.

My job is bad for the environment too, just hand me a paycheck every other week and I'll do my part by keeping my work PC turned off. :ph34r:

OK Marsha...you are officially out of bounds. Go to your corner...NOW. You are being stupid and I'm the owner of stupid on DCP. I grant the stupid licenses because I pride myself on being the most stupid poster on DCP. I will not tolerate any competition for this title and your recent thread has come to my attention.

I am asking you to cease and desist immediately until an official DCP investigation has taken place. At that time, you will be given notice as to whether you are going to be issued a provisional stupidity license. This 90-day provisional license cannot be renewed, however, a permanent license may be issued in it's stead should these acts continue.

That is all.

The Manager of All Things Stupid and Idiotic. (MATSI)

:ph34r:

Hey - first time this smilie worked without having to guiltily add "sans stupid" !!!!

Do people sit home thinking up ways to start trouble on this website? I just do not understand why there are so many who look to incite trouble from simple thoughts, opinions, and statements. I am not only talking about the insane thought that the bluecoats show glamorizes violence from a youth program.

I allow Raider members to post on this site because I believe it helps them learn about the history and current events of this activity. It helps them grow to love and live it the way some of have had the privelage too enjoy over the years.

Anyway, can we stop allowing nonsense and negativity to live here?

I'm not getting it. Do you think boxing is more violent than war? ("In the Spring, At the Time When Kings Go Off to War" ring a bell?) I only ask because you use prior criticism of The Cadets as motivation for the post. However, I do agree with at least part your sentiment. It is lame to use personal bias as justification for rants against another corps, be it The Cadets (who certainly get their fair share of abuse), Bluecoats, Regiment, whomever...

Edited by year1buick

Anyway, can we stop allowing nonsense and negativity to live here?

Well, maybe negativity, BUT I WILL NOT SIT IDLY BY AND ALLOW MY NONSENSE TO BE REGULATED !!!!! :ph34r:

"....and then when they came for the nonsense, there was no one left to complain ...."

haha i remember back when Cadets announced they were using the song from kill bill and lancerylady threw a #### fit over it bc the movie over glorified violence... even though she had never seen it. I can kind of understand the OPs view but i dont agree with it. Boxing is a sport, its legal, regulated, and other than getting the #### beat out of you, it seems enjoyable.

Where were you in 06 when BD did a show condoning mafia violence?