Bluecoats' 2008 Show to Glamorize Violence (IMHO)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this year, the Cavaliers should play the music of GWAR. GWAR is a satirical thrash metal and shock rock band formed in 1985. The band is best known for their elaborate sci-fi/horror film inspired costumes; raunchy, obscene, politically incorrect lyrics; and graphic stage performances, which consist of humorous re-enactments of political and moral taboo themes. The band occasionally also performs fire dancing.

Now THAT would glamorize violence!!

Gwar2.jpg

Some of my friends went to a GWAR concert once. The next day, they couldn't hear me when I was talking to them, and apparently one of them had to take multiple showers, to get the...um...well, I'm not allowed to say what it was that he was covered in, but yeah...pretty nasty stuff.

Anyway, just so this post isn't completely off-topic...do you think the show would have any Raging Bull references? I mean, it's one of the greatest movies of all time (IMO), and it's about boxing...one would think they'd do something with it, no?

and sax...don't forget...lot's of wild crazy sax

This is a highly serious thread, up there on the solemnity scale with global warming, world hunger and Oprah's hairdo. Do you really want to demean and deflate it by bringing in woodwinds? All this sax talk. Think of the children. Please think of the children. Unless you're a terrorist.

"What's all this I hear about sax and violins on TV?"

Emily Litella

"What's all this I hear about sax and violins on TV?"

Emily Litella

Or the Monty Python sketch where one of the old ladies states something like, "I don't like all this sex on TV. I keep falling off."

Sorry. I didn't mean to make this thread silly. I now return you to its original funereal demeanor.