July 4th Rose Bowl Celebration?

I hear that Regiment is probably doing CA tour again this year. So, add them as a candidate for the lineup.

SUTA!

And that would make me even happier! :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the Cadets supposed to be out here early season as well?
I've heard rumors . . .

If so, we could be looking at...

Blue Devils

Cadets

Phantom Regiment

Santa Clara Vanguard

The Academy

Pacific Crest

Cascades

Troopers

Mandarins

Great line up. 4 of the top 5 in CA! If this does hold out, I'd still like to see 1 or 2 more corps added fill out the line up.

According to a commercial in CO during our state band show Cavies and Phantom are both going to be in Denver on July 12th so I guess realistically they could both be in CA on the 4th.

I think that the Rose Bowl is a great place to have a regional. I'd be pretty happy about going back there, disregarding the lights. I felt that the stadium had such a relaxed feeling as well compared to other stadiums like mile high. But hey, would the rose bowl want us back for a major regional to destroy the new grass they got after finals? Lol.

I think that the Rose Bowl is a great place to have a regional. I'd be pretty happy about going back there, disregarding the lights. I felt that the stadium had such a relaxed feeling as well compared to other stadiums like mile high. But hey, would the rose bowl want us back for a major regional to destroy the new grass they got after finals? Lol.

Not to worry. They'll get new grass again before football season. I'm wondering if maybe they could water it once in a while before July 4?

Garry in Vegas

i went to the fireworks display there, as my family usually has a gathering for 4th of july each year not far from there, and when we went there I can't remember there being any flaws in the field, it looked perfect. too bad they didnt maintain it through until finals.

man if cavies join that would be the entire top 5, plus a number of other great corps! that would be a great night/day of drum corps/fireworks. I'm excited for them to announce what exactly the event will be...

Back in 1995, there was a July 4th Drum corps show at Mt. SAC college, where after the full retreat, all the corps (those that stayed) got to sit on the field... spectators in the stands... and watched a rather nifty fireworks display.

I hope something like that comes back :)

I am wondering is this regional will be tied into the Western Corps Connection shows we have every year (Riverside, Walnut, and San Diego). It will be intersting to see if the San Diego show is around this year. I hope so. I hope this is around the Western Corps connection and a few of the corps back east are out here. Would make for some really nice local shows. We get over 10 corps at these shows without the corps from back east. So if this happens, we could really have some nice local shows. Looking forward to seeing the schedule in a few weeks.