WGI judges

la mejor

Even a non-profit organization can't lose money, business is business.

Sure they can. . .it's still a business. WGI still has to declare their revenue and assets. And, just like any other company, if WGI does not turn a profit and exceed their expectations/attain enough margin over what they made the previous year, they will have to find expenses to cut. Being a non-profit doesn't exempt you from all responsibility to make a profit, in fact that's what you have to do in order to be successful, the difference is they are fundraising the bulk of the profit and in turn funneling that money (for the most part) back into the activity.

You can find WGI's financials here:

http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/inde...tion=NPO.Search

Edited by PrfctTimeOfDay

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a little bon mot,i believe that wgi judges are paid around $7.00 a guard or roughly $300.00 a day.wgi usually books and pays for it's judges travel expences.

Edited by dugg

here's a little bon mot,i believe that wgi judges are paid around $7.00 a guard or roughly $300.00 a day.wgi usually books and pays for it's judges travel expences.

I believe that sounds about right. . .you can find the total expense for the year on their 990 form. I believe for 2005 that total expense on judging was around 171K.... Divide by 2 and you get the salary of R.N.! tah-dah! :spitting:

Divide by 2 and you get the salary of R.N.! tah-dah! :spitting:

85 grand a year to put out fires,run damage control and referee.......sounds about right! :laughing:

as for the judges meal expenditure,we've found that most of them enjoy and are content with a quart or two of type A blood while others simply prefer to feed at night under the cover of darkness! :laughing:

Edited by dugg

Sure they can. . .it's still a business. WGI still has to declare their revenue and assets. And, just like any other company, if WGI does not turn a profit and exceed their expectations/attain enough margin over what they made the previous year, they will have to find expenses to cut. Being a non-profit doesn't exempt you from all responsibility to make a profit, in fact that's what you have to do in order to be successful, the difference is they are fundraising the bulk of the profit and in turn funneling that money (for the most part) back into the activity.

You can find WGI's financials here:

http://www.eri-nonprofit-salaries.com/inde...tion=NPO.Search

Well.. that's what I meant. "They can't lose money" meaning "they can't go into business thinking they don't have to make money." Guess I should have been more specific with what I said :w00t:

• 5 months later...
we'll keep a close watch on this color guard coup d'e'tat :smile:

as promised.....when queens collide access may be denied! :help:

it's my understanding that more than a couple of members from last season's repentant renegades :doh: have been informed that their services for the forthcoming season will not be required at this time,uh,"thanks but no thanks". :doh:

vengence is mine sayeth the the streering committee lord! :smile: this seems like rather harsh punishment not to mention unchristian :wacko: ,afterall even the prodigal son and the lost lambs were eventually welcomed back into the flock? :doh:

Edited by dugg

trying to figure out the past decades and thanks for the messages...some has changed and some stays the same...i'm in a kalumdrum and i feel a little ticked (pun intended)

76Linda5percent.jpg

Edit: :tongue:

Edited by lindap

whether it's boards,batons,bumpershoots or bedpans it's all about time,weight,space and .......flow! :tongue:

Who ever heard of spinning bedpans? There's no bedpans in color guard! :rock:

Who ever heard of spinning bedpans? There's no bedpans in color guard! :tongue:

Neither are there kitchen sinks, teddy bears, pillows, or helium filled balloons! oh, and the increasing spinning of people...what's up with that? Why not just stand in place and hit angles? All this craziness with moving and other stuff! It's just wacky!!

Who ever heard of spinning bedpans? There's no bedpans in color guard! :tongue:

Tell that to City Slickers! :rock: