SoCal Dream

SoCal Dream held Open House yesterday, and what a great afternoon it was!!!

We had 52 Horns, 23 Battery, and 35 Guard in attendance. FANTASTIC!!!! :hehe:

The horn line met our new brass caption head, Mr. Clint Matsen whom we are sharing this year with VK. We spent the afternoon learning what he expects of us and learning his techniques and warm-ups along with playing the ballad from our 2008 production.

The battery spent time with their captinon head and all I can say about the battery is WOW! It is gonna be a heck-of-a year.

There are a lot of new faces in the guard this time around also. I didnt get the cahnce to meet all of the new people that showed up, but I know this group of people are gonna Rock You when the show gets on the field.

Congratulations SoCal Dream....2008 is looking to be a fantastic year!!

OK...Ok....ok So the PR person in me got the better of me and I tried to be like others and exagerate the numbers. :laughing:

The real numbers....We had 25 in the hornline, 17 battery, and about a dozen in the guard. A total of 54 people to get our 2008 season started. It really was an amazing afternoon and I welcome everyone who came to Open House. I look forward to getting to know all of you at the January camp.

If you didn't make it out to Open House, come on out to our January camp and join in the fun. You wont be sorry you did.

January camp will be on the 5th and 6th from 9:30 - 6:00pm at Gabrielino High School: 1327 San Gabriel Blvd, San Gabriel CA 91776 Click Here for an interactive map

:thumbup:See everyone in January!! :shutup:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 battery is still huuugge

that's enough for 8-4-5....

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

52 horns! 35 guard! Wow! It must be true. It's in print. I'm gonna run with this. Man the presses...

...Sounds like a wunnerful open house. Did you have a snow storm? It's much more holidayish to have blustering snow for open house like the Mad Plaid one I visited.

Gab is our new rehearsal site...

We are no longer at Torrance HS...

Gab is our new rehearsal site...

We are no longer at Torrance HS...

While I am really grateful for the time we had at Torrance High School, Gabrielino HS is definately a step up for rehearsals.

They have a brand new stadium with a decent height box and a turf field! No more sprinkler heads, gopher holes or weeds. Woohoo!!! This picture is kind of small, but it is the only one I have access to at this time:

gabrielino_top03.jpg

(wow, I just noticed that the field is slightly off center from the box. I didnt even notice it marching on the field. At least it is not RCC...lol)