Marching Web Game

Man, how are you people so good at this? Every time I try, I get maybe 3 or 4 sets in before getting frustrated and quitting. That has nothing to do with the program itself (which is beyond awesome), but...since when does everybody but me suddenly know how to write drill? Did I miss a meeting or something?

Edited by Mellofone07

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Myusik4Jakassez

Check out mine: http://www.micromarching.com/show.php?showID=581

I couldn't figure out what to name it, but the current title is true: it's not a bad show at all!

And while I'm talking, there should really be some kind of Follow the Leader setting. I know it's just a beta and it's already more than I expect at such an early stage, but I'm just throwing this idea in the open for future versions.

The Best show I've seen so far!!!

http://www.micromarching.com/show.php?showID=599

she should have named it Rated R!

This one i like very much.

The "last 50 shows" option is fantastic, thanks! I also like the system of pointing out the best ones for quick viewing. I think one of my favorites so far is "Geomotion." that and "Twisted Reverie" are probably the best block work I've seen on here.

but...since when does everybody but me suddenly know how to write drill?

This might be just me being a jackhole, but I laughed when I read this. I would say less than 10% of these would actually work in a real world situation. And far less would actually be effective.

It is a fun game, but the users aren't exactly pumping out world class drill.

This one i like very much.

The "last 50 shows" option is fantastic, thanks! I also like the system of pointing out the best ones for quick viewing. I think one of my favorites so far is "Geomotion." that and "Twisted Reverie" are probably the best block work I've seen on here.

Haha, thanks. Those two are mine. You can tell I'm pretty much OCD considering my love for organization and kaleidoscopic rotations.

I agree with the previous person though, I'm willing to bet 95% of these would never work or be as effective as they appear to be in this program. What we see taking two seconds to develop would probably take more like 30+ counts of 6-to-5. A lot of people don't seem to take into account pass-throughs, either.

I must admit though, some of the concepts are pretty #### cool. I like "not a bad show" and "MR3" the most.

Edit: And that scrolling text one was pretty clever, but I couldn't really tell what the word was at first.

Edited by Musicman1084

This might be just me being a jackhole, but I laughed when I read this. I would say less than 10% of these would actually work in a real world situation. And far less would actually be effective.

Possibly true....I don't see Gaines using this program...but it DOES give beginning designers a chance to see -- in rough form -- how their ideas look and flow...my own WTF II was some of the drill I wrote for a local HS that STILL hasn't fielded the show...it was nice to see that at least one of the ideas in my head DID move like I wanted it to.....without me shelling out huge bucks for Pyware to do it!

Nah, don't worry about the whole jackhole thing. I know what you're saying. I was pretty much bummed about the fact that I can't even make stuff that at least LOOKS interesting.

Possibly true....I don't see Gaines using this program...but it DOES give beginning designers a chance to see -- in rough form -- how their ideas look and flow...my own WTF II was some of the drill I wrote for a local HS that STILL hasn't fielded the show...it was nice to see that at least one of the ideas in my head DID move like I wanted it to.....without me shelling out huge bucks for Pyware to do it!

There's one that says it's by Michael Gaines, but I doubt it's really him. I like the one by "May Jurphy" that's called "Coffee Mug (I think?)" It actually has a certain Jay Murphy style to it.

I wish there was a way to search for your show after it's done. I'm glad I saved the link to mine, since I wrote it a few days ago.

Hey, question....is there a "follow the leader" function I'm not seeing, or are all of those follow the leader sets actually 6 pages of drill?