So why didn't Crown win?

People need to stop thinking about 2007, whats done is done. It's time to think about 2008! :rolleyes:

The Cavaliers' have had similar issues since 2002. Due to the fact that the approach values listening and matching above all else (and given the HUGE amount of time spent working on the most very basic fundamentals of tone production and matching), the ensemble becomes very clear, to the point where it becomes very easy to hear when someone is not matching.

I appreciate Crown's approach, and I feel that it should be more rewarded than it has been. At the very least, I feel they should have been ahead of SCV and Phantom. Anyone else feel that the brass placings were pretty off this year?

*raises hand*

Yes. . .Crown should have been above SCV (by a good bit) and Phantom (by a smidge) in brass, IMO. I would have given the top brass score to The Cadets.

When do you start DCI judges school?

Oh, please.

DCI judges are not infallible nor completely unbiased.

His opinion is valid, and what's more, I agree with him.

Edited by Jayzer

When do you start DCI judges school?

This coming from one of THE most opinionated and outspoken people on DCP. Laughable.

It's a legitimate question. What qualifies you?

I agreed with the judges assessment. You are disagreeing. So, what qualifies you?

What qualifies me to disagree? I am a human being and I am allowed to have an opinion.

. . .and yeah, I know a thing or two about brass, but I am not going to go into that here.