So why didn't Crown win?

Kingsmen won in 72 w/o being in the top 3 previous year :tongue:

That's true, if you base it on the VFW results. However, if you use Mid-American (1st) and CYO (2nd) from 1971, that's Top-3. Add to that they were CYO and US Open champions in the weeks before DCI, I think that would pre-qualify them for Top-3.

Garry in Vegas

PS My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Crown's show. I hope they continue to build on their success, and have a Great Oh-Eight.

Edited by CrunchyTenor

Why all the fighting! Last time i checked Stephen Colbert said that bears are our number 1 threat, i think we need to be a little more worried about that!

That's true, if you base it on the VFW results. However, if you use Mid-American (1st) and CYO (2nd) from 1971, that's Top-3. Add to that they were CYO and US Open champions in the weeks before DCI, I think that would pre-qualify them for Top-3.

Garry in Vegas

PS My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed Crown's show. I hope they continue to build on their success, and have a Great Oh-Eight.

Garry,

Seeing the smiley on his post, I think he was making a joke about there BEING no top 3 in DCI prior to 1972, as there was no DCI prior to 1972.

BTW...they were also top 3 at the World Open in 71, a show I have seen called one of the best ever on some of the forums, primarily RAMD a few years back.

:tongue:

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

So, 8 years later, I pose the same question

• Like 2

If you took a moment to read the history, you'd find that in 2000, America did not vote for Bush for President. The Supreme Court made a decision regarding the validity of Florida's vote and the Electoral College made him President. America did not.

Where do you get your "history"? Us Magazine?

• Like 1

So, 8 years later, I pose the same question

And 8 years later, the answer is the same, in the same order:

3. The judges hate them and conspired so they would lose. Or someone else would win, I can never remember which it is.

2. DCI politics - It wasn't their turn, or it was someone else's turn for a payback, I can never remember which it is for this one, either.

And the number 1 reason they didn't win this year:

1. Ancient Aliens

Just like on The History Channel, if you don't have an explanation for something like how the pyramids were built, there really is only one answer; ancient aliens! :xmas: (<<<--- note smiley with Santa hat clearly indicates belief in ancient mythical beings)

+++

I deliberately kept the corps name out of the list, so it could be used every year, and apply to every corps. I've enjoyed in participating in this eight year-old topic! :alien:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 3