Rule Proposal 2008-05

Rules 2008  

386 members have voted

1. 1. Amplification of Brass

• No; maintain that amplification of brass is not allowed
    • Yes; allow brass instruments to be amplified

No, not really, IMO. There are plenty of legacy fans at shows I attend.

And there are plenty more that do not, as you have acknowledged elsewhere. The audience could be stronger. Don't forget that the legacy fans that are not going are no longer taking their kids to see what Dad did when he was 17 - which loses you a chunk of the next generations. Add to that your admission removal of amps would not drive people like you away, and the math becomes pretty easy to understand.

No, it doesn't show that at all. It just shows the DCP viewpoint.

You just agreed that the people that have turned their back on DCI are not in the stands. They are on DCP. If you want a better rounded view of the DC community, you include those who have given decades to it but have since left. Ignoring why that has happened is DCI sticking its head in the sand.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just agreed that the people that have turned their back on DCI are not in the stands. They are on DCP. If you want a better rounded view of the DC community, you include those who have given decades to it but have since left. Ignoring why that has happened is DCI sticking its head in the sand.

No, they aren't. The DCP folks are not made up of hordes who have left DCI. Lots of current fans and members are here as well.

No, they aren't. The DCP folks are not made up of hordes who have left DCI. Lots of current fans and members are here as well.

YES - MIKE - :tongue: - that's what I'm saying. There is a more representative cross section here on DCP that you won't get in the stands because people like me are sick of what DCI has become and won't go anymore. You keep on agreeing with me but saying I'm wrong.....

If you only poll coke drinkers you'll never hear anything good about Pepsi. We have both here. Therefore a DCP poll is significant. Have I made myself clear yet?

Edited by kusankusho

DCI, in looking at audience and competitive rules can not, IMO, take into account this or that small faction. Their main focus has to be on doing what they think best to ensure the survival of DCI as an entity. There are fans with all sorts of opinions; who should be ignored? Some want to eliminate the pit. Some want guards to wear uniforms. Others want to bring back the color rpe for all corps...some want to force DCI corps to return to G horns, never mind that it would cost 100K per corps to do so. Others, like me, want to see even more instruments legalized...actually ALL instruments. I don't expect them to listen to me on that.

Mike I'm not talking as broad as you are, I'm talking specifics. Smart intelligent fans and alumni who know how this organization works and are just sad to see what it's becoming. I am saying if DCI was smart they would NOT Ignore their fans, NONE Of them.

Funny how you think they are trying to make sure the activity survives, when I and others see a different point of view with the "elitist" attitudes going on in the board. It's making me SICK to see what is going on with the activity. I am hoping it won't completely go into band but it's looking like it is.

Edited by Lancerlady

YES - MIKE - :tongue: - that's what I'm saying. There is a more representative cross section here on DCP that you won't get in the stands because people like me are sick of what DCI has become and won't go anymore. You keep on agreeing with me but saying I'm wrong.....

If you only poll coke drinkers you'll never hear anything good about Pepsi. We have both here. Therefore a DCP poll is significant. Have I made myself clear yet?

These sort of groups are not the average fans. If you are sick of DCI...you are not a fan. You are not correct about the significance of DCP as representative of DCI fans in general. In fact, IMO you are not a fan at all. You chose to leave, so you don't count.

Mike I'm not talking as broad as you are, I'm talking specifics. Smart intelligent fans and alumni who know how this organization works and are just sad to see what it's becoming. I am saying if DCI was smart they would NOT Ignore their fans, NONE Of them.

Funny how you think they are trying to make sure the activity survives, when I and others see a different point of view with the "elitist" attitudes going on in the board. It's making me SICK to see what is going on with the activity. I am hoping it won't completely go into band but it's looking like it is.

And I am happy with DCI and the direction it has been moving. DCI is smart, and for those who live to complain...or those that leave completely, IMO DCI owes them nothing at all.

Wow, you sound heartless.

Either you agree with me or you dont exist.

How can people show their displeasure with an organization then? If they leave they're not a fan, if they complain they hate progress. How can they win?

Looks like I'm the only 'yes' vote so far : )

i'm curious why you think brass needs to amplification or why you think its a good idea

Wow, you sound heartless.

Either you agree with me or you dont exist.

How can people show their displeasure with an organization then? If they leave they're not a fan, if they complain they hate progress. How can they win?

They 'win' by enjoying the great shows being presented by hard working young people. Heartless to me are those who continue to rag on the shows and performances on the field.