Best type of shoe for summer tour?

Anything cheap. I've found that I can beat the crap out of cheap, comfortable shoes and they will last, whereas the more expensive shoes seem to deteriorate pretty quickly.

Same here. I bought some 90 dollar shoes and then like cheap 25 dollar ones for back up. I ended up wearing my backups for a summer and a half (plus 1 season of marching band). Then when my cheap ones were destroyed I went to my originals that lasted maybe 2-3 weeks before the rips started and soles were falling off.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MR 790 (google them) New Balance

-they're sometimes hard to find but i love this shoe. it's ubber light and flexible and they breathe well (very important). the only problem i had with them was that early in the morning, when dew is still on the grass, they tend to soak it up, and make your socks wet (not good), but that can be easily fixed if you coat them in some kind of water proofing.

-oh. . .flip flops wouldn't be a bad choice either . . .lol

i was pretty into new balance for a while, but heard from a reliable source that the rubber in the soles hardens significantly once it is wet. that, of course, is not so great for your feet and legs.

Aasics were pretty good until recently, but my last pair had my toes exposed by last week of july (duct tape is great). i think they "sold out" for lack of a better word in search of cheaper production.

my current pair: pumas.

it's been said a couple times, but it doesn't really matter what brand you get, as you can probably see it is all personal preference. but what will make a difference is an awesome insole. the best i've seen so far is the spenco polysorb blah blah.. can't remember the whole name. definetely worth every penny. i still have mine from the last few summers.

as well as my flip flops..kinda gross when ya think about it.

I'm not sure what the best shoe is today, but I when I marched I used two pairs of NB before I realized it was a very poorly made shoe..My first pair lasted a month while my second lasted just two weeks..They were both running shoes also..The comfort was good, but if the shoes got wet they were doomed! The soles of both pair started to detach just days after getting wet..What a waste of $250!!!! I ended up weaing aasics and they treated me great!

I wore the cheapest pair I could find. I took 2 pairs with me. I had 1 black pair and 1 white pair and wore 1 of each.

New Balance first year. . . fell apart after move-ins.

I live by Asics now, they make a good narrow shoe with great support and durability which was crucial for a guy like me with high, narrow arches.

But I think that supports have a greater importance in my opinion than the actual shoe, regardless of the shoe I have to add additional support insoles.

New Balance... 2 pairs per summer. Cross trainers with the anti roll cage thing. Running shoes are made specifically for going forward, so I would go with cross trainers.

2 pairs for weather, not because one pair wore out. I usually only end up wearing the second pair for less than a week combined. Sometimes your feet just need a change of pace, and wet shoes are no good.

I agree with everyone saying New Balance. Wore a pair one year, never went back. :withstupid: