HS Marching Band fees

Well along with the question of how did it cost to be in band there are a few other questions to be asked.

1) How much does the district provide?

2) How much do the parent boosters fund raise?

Those two questions will greatly effect the original question's answer.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$1,000.00?? THAT'S CRAZY :thumbup:

I hope to hell that schools that are reuquiring that or close to that amount, have a boatload of fundraising offerings available to those kids.

I would bet most of them do. I would also bet most of the schools charging this amount are in affluent parts of town.

It was no charge in my HS...however we had to rase about $2000 per person through fundraising and our own monies to pay for a 2 weeks trip to Scotland once every four years.

Not bad considering that the uniforms we wore were about $2500 a piece.

Well along with the question of how did it cost to be in band there are a few other questions to be asked.

1) How much does the district provide?

2) How much do the parent boosters fund raise?

Those two questions will greatly effect the original question's answer.

So when one considers the tax support and the boosters' contributions, some band programs total student costs far outweigh ANY drum corps totoal cost per member. And, no HS band program performs over 8 straight weeks around the country.

So, DCI is still a bargain? Really? Is this what I'm gleaning?

DCI corps...ZERO tax support.

Fundraising through alumni/booster orgs.

Member fees.

Performance fees. See here is the real difference. HS Bands have entry fees to compete. Many drum corps get a check when they perform.

In my band which is a multiple time state and national champion, I paid $125.

It was 250 to march in my highschool band....but right down the road West Johnston High School (BOA) charged, and still charges to my knowledge....$1500...again don't quote me on that..but yes..they are in a affluent part of town...

I mean that some dues for open and even world class corps....*shakes head*

I can't believe this topic is still being discussed.

Take it over to marchingbandplanet.com if you want to talk about bando stuff.

Not saying this topic offends me. I'm a high school band director that deals with this stuff every day. This is just the wrong area to discuss it.

This is a website for the discussion of DRUM AND BUGLE CORPS. Not HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND.

just because you deal with it as a band director, doesn't mean everyone else does...(i believe this directly relates to those who participate in the drum corps activity) for those going to the $1500 high school bands....marching corps is no big thing they're used to it....but let the kid who never had to pay to march be told it's going to be upwards of 2000....

I understand that was not the purpose of the thread, nor will it really turn into that....but..but...oh forget it...

Edited by ToferVis