Best Look Uniforms

cone256

i'm a big fan of the bush's unis.. love the blue and maroon together.

loved it when empire switched from that teal sash thing to the black.. they look like waiters, yes, however, classy waiters. like the new spin on the tux..

definetely would love to wear a cabs uni... just once though. :tongue:

not so big on cru's uniforms, however. too many colors. i appreciate the white more than most, but it's a little too busy with the other colors for my liking. if the helmet at least matched one of the colors from it, i probably wouldn't have so much of an issue...

cru's headgear is great. it's what makes th uni.IMHO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll be the first in line to tell you a helmet looks great. all i'm saying is that IMO it would look much better red, green, white - something not the total opposite of the majority of the uniform...

I feel you, but they match the drum heads :) (seen below)

Edited by AlbionNY Drum Line

I feel you, but they match the drum heads :) (seen below)

now i really like the head gear but dude your stretching it.

For me.........Hawthorne and Garfield.

Here is something for everyone........if you are paying attention from the stands you really can tell when the pants are fading, the shoes look cheap, the pants are too long or in most cases way too short........its distracting for me.

Edited by ech2os

i'll be the first in line to tell you a helmet looks great. all i'm saying is that IMO it would look much better red, green, white - something not the total opposite of the majority of the uniform...

The gauntlets were black... :tongue:

Edited by iPlaydaTuba

I too hate not knowing what corps is on because they changed their uniforms so dramtically. Is it Blue Knights, Blue Coats, or Blue Devils? I don't get to see DCI shows every year. So when I go and a corps changed their uni's, it's difficult to identify them. I remember confusing Pioneer with Troopers in 2002. And in 2006 I didn't even recognize Crossmen, until I saw the "guard" uniforms. Is it Crossmen, or Glassmen?

Maybe it's just that I only recently upgraded my prescription for my glasses for the first time in 18 or so years. But from a distance the only way to identify some corps is with their distintive headgear. And even that is hit or miss. Is it MCL, or Frontier? Is it Skyliners or Brigadiers? Is it Buccaneers, MBI, or Bushwackers? At least from the perspective of one who doesn't get out much. And rarely buys a program. Not that programs help much when showing last years uniform.

As far as favorites.

Juniors: Freelancers

Seniors: Kilties, Westshoremen

I can never forget St. Rocco's uniforms from around 1962-63 when we competed against them. They were a torquoise cadet uniform and were stunning. The rumor running around was that the Mafia bought them for them. Probably not true, but they were great uniforms.

I can never forget St. Rocco's uniforms from around 1962-63 when we competed against them. They were a torquoise cadet uniform and were stunning. The rumor running around was that the Mafia bought them for them. Probably not true, but they were great uniforms.

Let's just say that there was a very impressive fund raising dinner at the youth center. I forget how much a plate was, but it wasen't cheap. The guest were all decked out in Tuxcedos and Fur's.

Not too soon after that, we were wearing our new uniforms.

This was just a great fundraising idea, that worked. That's all I'm saying.

Edited by dukecornwell