DC--why less presence in South?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And unfortunately, it's not a dry heat...

Maybe. But as the cliche goes, it's really not the heat, it's the humidity. It got up to 100-ish in Salt Lake City this year and it honestly didn't feel bad at all because there was no humidity. But it was like mid-90s in Chesapeake this year and felt like death because of the humidity. Oklahoma was also bad.

I agree, Oklahoma is no fun...

Here is a little joke....

Why doesn't Texas fall into the Gulf of Mexico?

Because Oklahoma sucks so much....

The South is hot in the summer. Very hot. It isn't just dry heat, like the West, it is sticky, wet, humid, air-so-thick-you-can-taste-it heat. No one wants to go outside and march in swamp-esque weather. I think there has been less drum corps activity in the South because less people want to spend all day outside in oppressive heat.

I've lived in Georgia all my life, hate the humidity with a vengeance, and Steve, I disagree-- I will NEVER get used to it, LOL!

Ended up in Las Vegas on one of those 115 degree days. People always go on about the dry heat out west being different, but it still felt pretty awful.