Most Butchered you've ever seen a Drum Corps Name

Wev'e got ourselves a WINNER!!! Didn't the announcer i wanna say finals night at

05' Foxboro invert part of the first and last name of 1 of the Cadets DM's? When i was in the stands and heard that.. : )

Yeah, maybe I just hear that wrong too but I swear he says "Zim Zulick" It's on the CD for that year... I laugh everytime.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fran DOESN'T make mistakes...

OK.... I have some oceanfront property in Kansas to sell to you, Ryan!!!!! :shutup:

Fran

In the same show...

The Boston Cruisers

&

Spirit from JSW

dang it Will

i was hoping no one had mentioned the cruisers yet :thumbup:

there is also a video on google labled as spirt

i know it is a simple typo but it still made me laugh

one of my favorite ones that happened to us in 06 had to do with the drum major announcemen

"Ben Weed, Grason Lawrence, and Brian Kinnet....who are the...um...drum majors for spirit from jsu...umm...is your corps ready"

Whoever that announcer is... he is quite the feat. It sounds like he takes a shot before reading every corps, and can't think of a more enthralling event than announcing them. Absolutely ridiculous, and hilarious to listen to!

yeah... I remember I didn't have a clue about this guy until I was standing on the field in 04 in my opening set at my first show in New England...

I was really thankful we started the show facing backfield because the audience would've been able to see me trying really hard not to laugh.

it still gets me sometimes... professional on the outside... hysterical on the inside. lol

Whoever that announcer is... he is quite the feat. It sounds like he takes a shot before reading every corps, and can't think of a more enthralling event than announcing them. Absolutely ridiculous, and hilarious to listen to!

yeah... I remember I didn't have a clue about this guy until I was standing on the field in 04 in my opening set at my first show in New England...

I was really thankful we started the show facing backfield because the audience would've been able to see me trying really hard not to laugh.

it still gets me sometimes... professional on the outside... hysterical on the inside. lol

In the early days of SoCal Dream it was almost an inside joke that we were from Wherethefugawee, CA....we sometimes made joking bets on where we'd be announced from at any given show!

wow... I don't know how I posted 3 times, and even better I don't know how delete 2 of them, but ok.

anyway... we would make joking bets as well... we all figured it should just be "On the field... from Somewhere along I-95...The Crossmen!!"

my personal fav is.... "from YEA!, Pennsylvania..." as if YEA! owned it's own town... but I would prefer that to "Sponsored by YEA!" which made us sound like we were homeless. :smile:

and one time we were announced as The Santa Clara Vanguard... :thumbup:

Edited by show_mellow

We were once announced as The Big Blue Band from Hall of Fame Land once at a preseason performance were we performed for the locals in the PA town we were rehearsing in.