Best corps website?

I like the layout of Madison Scout's website, very clean, though media/viewer interaction is scarce. Teal Sound's new website is awesome!

Not a fan of BD's overall design, though content and ease of use are high.

BK's new site is a good improvement.

Assuming their webmaster will be viewing this thread:

Webmaster, the video auto-plays without any controls in Firefox 2 and Safari on Windows. Opera says it cannot connect to the server to retrieve the video. It works fine in Internet Explorer 7.

If you can get a hold of Adobe Flash Video Encoder, I'd look into encoding the video in .flv format. I've had the most success with compatibility when embedding an .flv into an .swf, since basically everyone has the Flash plug-in installed.

Edited by Jayzer

Webmaster, the video auto-plays without any controls in Firefox 2 and Safari on Windows. Opera says it cannot connect to the server to retrieve the video. It works fine in Internet Explorer 7.

If you can get a hold of Adobe Flash Video Encoder, I'd look into encoding the video in .flv format. I've had the most success with compatibility when embedding an .flv into an .swf, since basically everyone has the Flash plug-in installed.

Uh, yeah. :devil:

Could you please translate this from "Geek-speak" to English? :devil:

I agree... BD's website is not visually attractive and is kind of a cluster you-know-what. I actually don't like going there at all.

I wasn't aware that BK has a new site, but after spending a few minutes there I really like it a lot. And the banner is really beautiful. Very attractive site.

Actually, my favorite site is DCI.org. It's very functional, easy to navigate, and is visually pleasing. I've been really impressed.

What I've been most interested in is that none of these sites appear to be even close to 508 compliant. Is there no pressure to make these sites accessible?

I like the BK Site alot, as well as the Cavvies, they have a nice layout, and it's very easy to get around.

BD's is too clustered, as you guys said. The only reason I go there is to find out their show, then I'm outta there.

agreed about the flash thingy. Quicktime's quality is superb, but it's encoding functions aren't.

Blue Devils, they have great podcasts, and the design of the site is flawless.

I have to agree. Plus, its really easy to maneuver with.